Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

duh!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaydee
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: duh! Reply with quote

jaydee
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the shooters youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10#p/a/f/0/3L1lsLU-kUw
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: duh! Reply with quote

jaydee wrote:

Clearly this is in poor taste. I have no love at all for the Tea Party and I think that there fear mongering and the behavior of some of there supporters is reprehensible. With this in mind however trying to somehow imply that this guy was part of some Tea Party hit squad, as I've heard bandied about by some people today, is a bit ridiculous at this point given that there has been no hard data to support this fact. None of the video "evidence" on this guys youtube site has him connected to any political party from what I can tell so to arbitrarily assign him membership in one given the facts we have as of now ( Jan 8th) is unfair and unfounded. Could Palin's site have been an inspiration for the shooter? Perhaps, but at this point I've heard and seen nothing that supports this. Let's not forget also that one of the people who was also gunned down was a politically Conservative judge appointed by H.W. Bush and supported by John McCain, not exactly the type of person one would expect to be capped by a right wing supporter (of course some nutjob spraying rounds may not have known who they were killing). The important thing to do at this point I feel is to gather as much information as possible from all sources, ignore what is going to be an attempt by politicians from both sides and from the media to sensationalize and cash in on the event, and try as much as possible to remain objective and open to ALL possibilities regarding the how and why this happened.

P.S. I'm guilty of reposting this image myself earlier today as well and trying to paint the piece of shit shooter as some frothing at the mouth Tea Bagger. Maybe we'll find out he is, who can say at this point? I had to take a moments pause though and really look at what FACTS WE KNOW vs. WHAT WE WANT TO BELIEVE. When things like this go down it's hard to stay objective when you're outraged and shellshocked with anger but if we don't get past that outrage to try and find some real answers and solutions all we do is perpetuate the kind of knee jerk reactionary bullshit that has turned political discourse in this country into a Red/Blue gangwar. We also play into the hands of those who want nothing more than for us to turn our brains off and lock into step like lemmings to a jingoistic, soundbite filed march.
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From looking into the guy's stuff he's obviously got the Birther/Bircher/TeaBagger paranoias as one of his fixations.

The rhetoric of the right wing "don't retreate, reload" has much to answer for this.

However this graphic is hardly the worst of it, and hardly the incitement. I doubt the fuck that did this even saw it. Instead he was sitting in Tucson scrawling out manifestos related to gold currency and alphabets.

Sarah Palin didn't put the gun in this guy's hand, and most tea baggers aren't psychos like him. But fucking realize when you scream for years that the government is out to get you, that guns are your only defense and the rest of it, that fucking crazy people are going to listen and act. When you call for violent revolution people die, and the blood currently staining a shopping center in Tucson is on your hands as well.

Both Glenn Beck and Palin should be shunned for this. As should anyone, on either side, that wants to get demogauge points by calling for the murder, however indirectly, of their opponents.

Sorry for the tone, it's a very sad day in Arizona and the big fear is this shit isn't over yet. And I can't get over the fact that little girl was there to meet Giffords because she'd just joined student council.

Last edited by prozacrefugee on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.E.D., reports here at least are the judge, who was friendly with Giffords, showed up because he happened to live in the area, so he was probably not an intentional target.
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
From looking into the guy's stuff he's obviously got the Birther/Bircher/TeaBagger paranoias as one of his fixations.

The rhetoric of the right wing "don't retreate, reload" has much to answer for this.

However this graphic is hardly the worst of it, and hardly the incitement. I doubt the fuck that did this even saw it. Instead he was sitting in Tucson scrawling out manifestos related to gold currency and alphabets.

Sarah Palin didn't put the gun in this guy's hand, and most tea baggers aren't psychos like him. But fucking realize when you scream for years that the government is out to get you, that guns are your only defense and the rest of it, that fucking crazy people are going to listen and act. When you call for violent revolution people die, and the blood currently staining a shopping center in Tucson is on your hands as well.

Both Glenn Beck and Palin should be shunned for this. As should anyone, on either side, that wants to get demogauge points by calling for the murder, however indirectly, of their opponents.

Sorry for the tone, it's a very sad day in Arizona and the big fear is this shit isn't over yet. And I can't get over the fact that little girl was there to meet Giffords because she'd just joined student council.

Given that this is happening in your backyard I think you're doing a great job keeping things in there proper perspective. I really really hope this is what it appears to be and not something more sinister. Any word out your way on the "2nd man" they are looking for?
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A classmate of the man accused of shooting Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords this morning describes him as "left wing" and a "pot head" in a series of posts on Twitter this afternoon.

Caitie Parker did not immediately respond to our request for an interview, but her "tweets" in the hours after the shooting paint a picture of Jared Loughner as a substance-abusing loner who had met Giffords before the shooting. She says, Loughner described the congresswoman as "stupid and unintelligent."

We've confirmed that Parker and Loughner went to school together at Mountain View High School in Tucson and that both attended Pima Community College, so her claims of knowing Loughner seem to be legit.
Code:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/jared_loughner_alleged_shooter.php

We really need to keep an eye on these left wing nuts. I hope obama and big sis address the clear and present danger that left wing radicals present to the country.

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

She sounds pretty libertarian consevative leaning in this clip?

Why was the shooters youtube left up? Calling bullshit on this whole scenario. Lol at the left/right knee jerk . Sign of a limited mind.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the right wing idiots can't even wait for the funerals to start with the talking points.

Shithead, find me one 'leftist' that writes screeds about fiat currency, and the gold standard being the only true money. One.

Oklahoma city, the attempt on the TIDE foundation, far too many more (http://www.csgv.org/issues-and-campaigns/guns-democracy-and-freedom/insurrection-timeline) if you need a list . . . why is it that whenever a crazy goes gun nuts and heads out to shoot people, they're shouting your slogans?

At what point do your cheerleaders start taking responsibility for the violence they encourage? At what point do YOU take the responsibility to stop giving them moral cover?

Here's reality - you people are not oppressed. You are not the new American revolution. You are not revolutionaries - you're a bunch of white losers who are only good at attacking innocent people.

How about this - we take preemptive self-defense by shooting anyone with right wing slogans on their car? Don't like how that feels, not the kind of world you'd like to live in? Yeah, that threat of violence is what you've been spewing with your rhetoric of revolution. Either stop doing so, or admit you have no qualms about 9 year olds getting caught in the crossfire.

As for Giffords, she is a Blue Dog, progressive on many issues (I donated to her campaign in both 2006 and 2010), centrist on others, especially guns. Most liberals in Arizona tend towards that. Which turned out not to matter, all that seems to matter so far is that she was in the government and had a D by her name. I'm sure her being an attractive rising star was more reason the psycho focused upon her. The issue is the rhetoric that allows him to indulge his fantasy as a revolutionary.

Last edited by prozacrefugee on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the source of those tweets has stated the fact Laughner listened to Hendrix more than 5 years before the attacks as part of the reason she calls him a liberal.

And none of it passes the bullshit test. This is Arizona. If a left-winger was going to shoot someone for political reasons Giffords wouldn't be their target. Nor do they usually associate with neo-nazis (which they're are far too many of here) or insist on a gold standard.

And this isn't the time to argue about it.
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A better guess might be border-related violence. Our early research shows that Rep. Giffords, a moderate Democrat, had supported tough border control and was pro-2nd Amendment. In particular, she supported the controversial SB 1070 Arizona bill to combat illegal immigration. Was she targeted by a Mexican drug gang or supporter of La Reconquista? We know that politicians, police, border guards and ranchers/land owners have been targeted, killed or had bounties put out on them by such gangs on BOTH sides of the border.

Fresh food that lasts from eFoodsDirect(AD)

Or: Was Giffords targeted by a Schizophrenic or unbalanced, deranged and disgruntled political supporter? Media Matters has lambasted Sarah Palin and her PAC for putting “crosshairs” on political opponents and ‘inciting violence.’ Among those “targeted” by Palin’s crosshairs is Rep. Giffords. Did a deranged supporter twist the political rhetoric and take things too far for unknown reasons? Obviously, we simply do not know at this point.

Further, a gun-related incident occurred a Giffords’ town hall meeting in 2009 where an attendee ‘dropped’ a gun provoking a scare.

Statement from Alex Jones: Whatever the motivation for this shooting, our hearts go out to the the Congresswoman’s family and supporters. It is important to note that, the anti-2nd Amendment, victim disarmament crowd will undoubtedly try to use this event to demonize gun owners and further restrictive legislation. Mexico has a total gun ban, and the worst record for killed and kidnapped politicians and other high-level figures in the world. With more than 28,000 dead in Mexico from the drug war, it is clear that leaving guns only in the hands of the cartels and criminals will only make us all vulnerable.

Thomas Jefferson
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the parrot of Beck fails to post a source as always. We know your shit always comes from the noise machine, but is it too much to ask you don't pretend comments on a website are news articles?

Along with the gun incident Gifford's (and Grijalva, the other Dem rep from the area) both had their offices attacked the day after the health care bill was passed. Grijalva's involved his office being shot into.

The cartels, contrary to your baseless insinuations, aren't opposed to border controls. They make lots of money smuggling drugs and immigrants, and the more the border is patrolled the more they make as coyotes. Nor do they give a shit about health insurance. Nor are they in the habit of hiring Anglo 22 year old schizos for hitmen, as their own are much better at it. And they love AZ's loose gun laws, because it gives them a good source of guns to smuggle back in Mexico.

Look, I'm sorry a crazy decided to take your guy's hyperbole seriously. That's not your fault, but it is a clue that dangerous rhetoric is dangerous for a reason. Drop the desperate propoganda attempt to put this on anyone else, ok? It just makes you look stupid.
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So who is responsible for this terrible and tragic shooting? It is all speculation at the time of writing, but already the news has mentioned the possibility of “terrorism.” With so many other psuedo-events in the War on Terror lately, including package bombs, FBI stings and set-ups and the like, it is entirely possible this was a false-flag event designed to clampdown on gun ownership or simply stoke the fear of radical Muslim or homegrown terrorists.

Thomas Jefferson
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice source shithead. I'm sure M13AB from Glendale would prefer their insightful work is credited.

MUSLIMS! MEXICANS! THE CIA! EVILDOERS! ANYONE BUT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN THREATENING VIOLENCE FOR 2 YEARS!

Just get to it and blame the Jews already, you proto-fascists might as well start following your ideology since you're unwilling to do anything but scream and threaten violence even now. Pathetic.
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, aside from this stupidity, anyone in the area who wants to help shield the funerals from the WBC Fred Phelps gang, PM me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: