Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happend to your scene in NYC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
supasharpshootah
Breakster


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 381
Location: Dirty Dirty Jerz

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS THREAD FUCKING SUCKS. You have a bunch of people who dont go out arguing with people who do. Just because you go to your own events once a month or every other month, does not mean you are out and about. I will be at a rave this weekend with well over a thousand attendees. How is this scene dead? Next weekend I will be at a rave with 10,000 people. Yet the scene sucks.

The scene does not suck. You are just too old.
_________________
Somebody say BOH BOH BOH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mykey
Lord of the Beers


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 378
Location: 192.168.1.1

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
kimba
Bitchin' Kimaro


Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Posts: 8521
Location: WilliamsBush bk

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mykey wrote:


thumbs up


kmac: Shit thread, shit poster.

Mykey's got it right -- I'll admit it -- i'm old, and DNB isn't my entire life anymore like it was 5-10 years ago. I enjoy going to a variety of parties, including live bands, multi-genre music parties like Trouble and Bass or Flashing Lights, dubstep, day parties at the Yard, and yet I still manage to make a few dnb parties still. Don't have time, will, or money to go to them all.

Personally plan to hit up the Andy C party in June.
_________________
Welcome to the Board!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Citizen Kang
Urban Shaman


Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Posts: 18483
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________

DIRECT DRIVE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
601
Rewindster


Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Posts: 1391

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Nychavok
Rewindster


Joined: 09 Aug 2002
Posts: 1683
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supasharpshootah wrote:
THIS THREAD FUCKING SUCKS. You have a bunch of people who dont go out arguing with people who do. Just because you go to your own events once a month or every other month, does not mean you are out and about. I will be at a rave this weekend with well over a thousand attendees. How is this scene dead? Next weekend I will be at a rave with 10,000 people. Yet the scene sucks.

The scene does not suck. You are just too old.


Couldn't agree more man the person that started this whole thread is dissing one dude and then bigging him up a few pages later, sounds like an inside job to me.

and then you have another dude that just wants to diss people from NYC because he wouldn't have the guts to say it to anyone one of our faces, let me tell you something buddy, people like you are the reason this country is going down the shitter everyday and it's definitely not anyone from NYC's fault that's for sure. I for one am glad to be isolated from the rest of the US, it's made me a better person for it as well lol

All in all the only way I feel to get the scene going again is to hit the streets hard, it's worked in the past it's what will work today. the people you need to get to parties are already outside partying and not always sitting at home typing on forums. DO WORK SON!!! that is all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MustafaQBrainmender
The Mongolian Acid Casualty


Joined: 07 Dec 2003
Posts: 6643
Location: the land of digital swine and silicon tart sweethearts

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't live in NYC anymore, but if I could lick my own balls to support the local DJs, I would.

In fact, if I could lick my own balls for any reason, I would.

Seriously. I mean, sure, there would probably be a sharp decline in productivity--time normally spent doing things like cooking dinner or catching the Lehrer News Hour would now be spent in a contorted supine position--but the payoff would outweigh the inconvenience.

Times like these where I regretting scoffing at K2's recommendations that I enroll in bikram yoga classes.

In any case, a party is a party is a party. It doesn't matter if there's 2 people or 2000--if the music's good and people are having fun and loving the time--that's what matters. It's Quality, not Quantity. And if you think it lacks the Quality, then what are you doing to remedy it?

-MQB

PS--Having a decent time in CA, but I miss NYC, and I miss the shit outta most of you folks. Catch you all soon, hopefully. Rock on.
_________________

^^^ My greatest achievement to date. It's all downhill from here.
Dinosaurs are awesome
So are talking stuffed animals and feral cats

katykaboom wrote:
i would seriously kill him and then have his body taxidermied and then display him in my living room as a paradigm of "don't"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
kmac
Intro


Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 12
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Mykey and Kimba = This is a Drum and Bass message board correct? I'm voicing the opinion of someone who grew up in London. If you don't like what I have to say don't read it. As far as those parties you are mentioning. Trouble and Bass is basicly pop music , the upside the girls.
Dubwar I've been to a couple times and its always packed. I'm not questioning your dubstep or hipster raver scene its vibrant. I just dont care for the music. To put it blankly if you people were into Drum and Bass when it was trendy and are now hipster ravers then it says you never had love for the music to begin with, just were into it cause it was cool. In my opinion real drum and bass culture was never taken to here.


To NYCHAVOK, I have met you mate back when you were an opener/promoter for secret night of science. My name is Kevin. I was going to Uni in Rhode Island. These are my honest feelings. I am friends with some people that I have bigged up but this is what I have felt the last year about NYC. You could take the opinion or leave it. Im glad you have big raves and dubstep parties and hipster raves. Im talking about Drum and Bass culture, not hip-hop, dubstep or the strange hybrid you have taken too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kimba
Bitchin' Kimaro


Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Posts: 8521
Location: WilliamsBush bk

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmac wrote:
As far as those parties you are mentioning. Trouble and Bass is basicly pop music , the upside the girls.
Dubwar I've been to a couple times and its always packed. I'm not questioning your dubstep or hipster raver scene its vibrant. I just dont care for the music. To put it blankly if you people were into Drum and Bass when it was trendy and are now hipster ravers then it says you never had love for the music to begin with, just were into it cause it was cool. In my opinion real drum and bass culture was never taken to here.


I wasn't implying that those parties are any better or more vibrant than drum and bass, and I certainly didn't trade one thing for the other. I simply stated that I enjoy a variety of music and genres, and I don't want to go to JUST drum and bass parties. You seem to be insinuating that if you only like DNB and nothing else than you're a hipster raver?

In addition, rarely do I go out to parties on weeknights anyway. I'm too old for that shit, I have a day job, and I get up at 6:30am every morning. If that makes me a non-supporter of the dnb scene in your eyes than so be it.

It's also pretty obvious you're friends with with the people you bigged up, since they've posted on this board from your exact same IP address. *things that make you go hmmmm*

P.s. MISS YOU ANDREW!
_________________
Welcome to the Board!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yoohoo
Person With At Least 2500 Posts


Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 2797
Location: ur mom's box

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimba wrote:


It's also pretty obvious you're friends with with the people you bigged up, since they've posted on this board from your exact same IP address. *things that make you go hmmmm*



OH SNAP !!!!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustafaQBrainmender wrote:

In any case, a party is a party is a party. It doesn't matter if there's 2 people or 2000


Or, if you can lick your own balls, 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo


Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 7437
Location: The great big festering neon distraction.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimba wrote:
kmac wrote:
As far as those parties you are mentioning. Trouble and Bass is basicly pop music , the upside the girls.
Dubwar I've been to a couple times and its always packed. I'm not questioning your dubstep or hipster raver scene its vibrant. I just dont care for the music. To put it blankly if you people were into Drum and Bass when it was trendy and are now hipster ravers then it says you never had love for the music to begin with, just were into it cause it was cool. In my opinion real drum and bass culture was never taken to here.


I wasn't implying that those parties are any better or more vibrant than drum and bass, and I certainly didn't trade one thing for the other. I simply stated that I enjoy a variety of music and genres, and I don't want to go to JUST drum and bass parties. You seem to be insinuating that if you only like DNB and nothing else than you're a hipster raver?

In addition, rarely do I go out to parties on weeknights anyway. I'm too old for that shit, I have a day job, and I get up at 6:30am every morning. If that makes me a non-supporter of the dnb scene in your eyes than so be it.

It's also pretty obvious you're friends with with the people you bigged up, since they've posted on this board from your exact same IP address. *things that make you go hmmmm*

P.s. MISS YOU ANDREW!



Kimbad will smack the blood out your face with one titty tied behind her back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kimba
Bitchin' Kimaro


Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Posts: 8521
Location: WilliamsBush bk

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIME OUT. everyone cool off. [myself included]
_________________
Welcome to the Board!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
601
Rewindster


Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Posts: 1391

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.E.D. wrote:
kimba wrote:
kmac wrote:
As far as those parties you are mentioning. Trouble and Bass is basicly pop music , the upside the girls.
Dubwar I've been to a couple times and its always packed. I'm not questioning your dubstep or hipster raver scene its vibrant. I just dont care for the music. To put it blankly if you people were into Drum and Bass when it was trendy and are now hipster ravers then it says you never had love for the music to begin with, just were into it cause it was cool. In my opinion real drum and bass culture was never taken to here.


I wasn't implying that those parties are any better or more vibrant than drum and bass, and I certainly didn't trade one thing for the other. I simply stated that I enjoy a variety of music and genres, and I don't want to go to JUST drum and bass parties. You seem to be insinuating that if you only like DNB and nothing else than you're a hipster raver?

In addition, rarely do I go out to parties on weeknights anyway. I'm too old for that shit, I have a day job, and I get up at 6:30am every morning. If that makes me a non-supporter of the dnb scene in your eyes than so be it.

It's also pretty obvious you're friends with with the people you bigged up, since they've posted on this board from your exact same IP address. *things that make you go hmmmm*

P.s. MISS YOU ANDREW!



Kimbad will smack the blood out your face with one titty tied behind her back.


ewww drooopy titas
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Mykey
Lord of the Beers


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 378
Location: 192.168.1.1

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmac wrote:
In my opinion real drum and bass culture was never taken to here.


Have you ever seen Goldie do windmills in the middle of a dance circle? Probably not. That's culture.

Like i said, sorry you're late to the game. Us old folk got to experience a truly unique moment in time that you will only read about and watch on DVD.

kthanksbye troll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group