Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happend to your scene in NYC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darknes
Rinsester

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the one thing this thread shows is that at least everyone cares deeply enough about music to jump in and fight with each other. We all still come to this board because of some lingering love for dnb. We all still go out and have passion for the music, so much so that this thread went to 4 pages in like 3 hours.

Just observing, shit can't be that bad if everyone is ready to passionately defend their opinion.
place42
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best times are ahead for me and my label. More music than ever. Solid INTERNATIONAL distribution and great shows nationwide.Once a year in October we do something that is magic. LTJ Bukem/Telluric. I put on shows with artists from my label to showcase music that I have A & R. I get some tremendous love from many cities and countries. And none from some. I just don't think that many people know whats going on within the musical aspect of the scene. its a partnership between artists/labels and party/promoters. everything can grow and become solid in NYC again I think it will take people actually being into MUSIC and not just wanting to party where ever. I guess what kmac is saying is that we don't have an informed demographic as far as whos doing what beyond the NYC scene.(production/ Labels) London is a different monster. I sell 90% of my music in Europe. I have major shows planned in cities across the country. NYC is no longer my focus as far as a make or break. Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for all the Drum and Bass crews in NYC. I hope they can swing minds back into the music. It is a shame its not appreciated by the NYC masses at the moment. Because I feel this is the greatest time for the music production wise. Maybe some people need to start working together?

http://www.myspace.com/telluricrecordings
Camouflage Chameleon
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

place42 wrote:
The best times are ahead for me and my label. More music than ever. Solid INTERNATIONAL distribution and great shows nationwide.Once a year in October we do something that is magic. LTJ Bukem/Telluric. I put on shows with artists from my label to showcase music that I have A & R. I get some tremendous love from many cities and countries. And none from some. I just don't think that many people know whats going on within the musical aspect of the scene. its a partnership between artists/labels and party/promoters. everything can grow and become solid in NYC again I think it will take people actually being into MUSIC and not just wanting to party where ever. I guess what kmac is saying is that we don't have an informed demographic as far as whos doing what beyond the NYC scene.(production/ Labels) London is a different monster. I sell 90% of my music in Europe. I have major shows planned in cities across the country. NYC is no longer my focus as far as a make or break. Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for all the Drum and Bass crews in NYC. I hope they can swing minds back into the music. It is a shame its not appreciated by the NYC masses at the moment. Because I feel this is the greatest time for the music production wise. Maybe some people need to start working together?

Camouflage is NOT a record label, but I guarantee you John it's known just as much or more as a party and a party alone on a worldwide level than your small independent label and brand is. And many people have attended and heard of it beyond NYC. Same with Konkrete Jungle, sorry man but we're household names on a worldwide level. Record label or not.

If Camo was not on some international level then why would people from all over the world contact me to dj? And why would tourists and party go'ers from all over the world attend the party as well?

Big up for contributing on an INTERNATIONAL level, but don't undermine others who don't have a label or haven't needed one for that matter to get recognized on a global scale. You are doing your thing with Telluric, and I respect that, but so has KJ, Camo (13-15 years now), Driven AM, etc., etc. The scene has nothing to do with who has more clout on an international level or who has a small label catering to one sub-genre of a genre of EDM and whether they shift 500-1500 units if they are lucky, or if they have a global radio station that caters to thousands of worldwide listeners. It has to do with how long a brand has been around and how well known it is and how many people it can draw based on years of delivering. And even then, that seems to not be the case anymore...

Bottom line is it doesn't matter who you are, or what you got, what you've done, or where you're from these days to be honest. Everybody is having a tough time consistenly promoting good D&B shows here, because people are not into it as much anymore. Plain and simple. Like I said in previous posts on this thread, D&B is at a low point, and the masses only want to come out for the big dogs of D&B. Not to mention every crew has a small crew of loyal followers and that's it, even the Bassdrive guys as well. They segregate themselves by only supporting their dj's and their parties, or when they play out, which is also cliquey and very unhealthy for such an already small scene.

Like King Panik say's "..problem is everybody these days is a dj groupie, they are not into the music and/or scene...". ...they are into their favorite crew, friends or whatever, and big dog headliners that haven't been here in years, 1-3, 5-10 years!!

How can you have a consistent, and thriving scene based on the music and music alone with this type of mentality and support?

YOU CAN'T. Not until people fall in love with the music again and appreciate what all of us are doing for the NYC D&B scene as a whole. Not until we let go of the ridiculous and petty politics and stop having to bring in the top 10 headliners in order to have more than 100 people at a party.

Confused

"Feel The Force, Don't Force The Feel!"
www.camonyc.com
www.facebook.com/christian.bruna

Last edited by Camouflage Chameleon on Sat May 22, 2010 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
place42
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thats great Christian, See you on the international circuit, maybe we will have s chance to play a party out of town together sometime Wink

http://www.myspace.com/telluricrecordings
human?
Breakster

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philly, Chicago, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Seattle, Arizona, Las Vegas, Baltimore, Ottawa, Toronto..... Barcelona, Greece, Belgium, Ukraine, Moscow, Austria (& im sure others i cant think of off the top or that have started back up) all have active now party throwing Konkrete chapters.... just for the record lol in case people missed it...

i love seeing people doing their thing, whatever it is... local outernational & beyond...

i fucking cant stand it when tourists think they know the deal, shut the fuck up, you are a tourist, enjoy this shit WITH us, wtf... all kinds of creative talented FUN people here doing their fucking thing, show some respect & spread love, or jog on to some next metropolitan hub.. as TC would say, NYC capital of the fucking world baby... thats how i really feel lol
dkasp
Intro

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

things can be better,
things could be worse.
things change!

be good and have fun.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dave Shichman
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkasp wrote:
things can be better,
things could be worse.
things change!

be good and have fun.

yea this is exactly how i feel

www.DrivenAM.com

+The Last Remaining Breakbeat Science Shirts & Sweatshirts on Sale now via Driven AM - http://drivenam.com/Store +
Citizen Kang
Urban Shaman

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkasp wrote:

be good and have fun.

This is all that matters.

DIRECT DRIVE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PiShPoSh BuRnEr BrOs
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell sour Limes..
renegade_snare
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the potential has always been there - some of the drum and bass coming out these days blows me away

albeit i dont go out dancing anymore, and considering how much i used to love dancing i do miss it Confused

however i listen to it every day, and probably always will - still invokes great emotion in me. glad to have at least been part of it

one vibe
one love
one nation
Camouflage Chameleon
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkasp wrote:
things can be better,
things could be worse.
things change!

be good and have fun.

This is a given, this is how it's been for most of us all these years especially after 9-11.

The real deal is now more than ever the NYC D&B scene needs more unity and less segregation.

Simple fact you can't deny.

"Feel The Force, Don't Force The Feel!"
www.camonyc.com
www.facebook.com/christian.bruna
Lycanthrope
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIRST OFF. YO DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE? DIS DAT WELCOME TO NEW YORK DUCK MOTHERFUCKER CITY WE "BEEN" LIVIN IN. YOU AINT IN DA HOITY TOITY HOLLYWOOD DJ AM SECTION. YOU IN DA SECTION 8 OF DA UNITED STATES RIGHT NOW. TERRORIST ATTACKS, HIGH LEVEL ALERTS, GANG WARS IN DA STREETS. IT'S A JUNGLIST LIFESTYLE.

NOW A REASON FOR THE DEEKLINE IS BECAUSE OF LIL BITCH ASSES COMPLAINING AND NOT GOING TO DA PARTIES BECAUSE VENUES NOT BIG ENOUGH, NO HEADLINERS ETC. AND YOU KNOW WHAT DATS EXACTLY DA CAT I DON'T WANNA SEE OUT. IF DATS YOU, YOU PROLLY AIN'T A REAL JUNGLIST AND DIS SHIT WASNT MADE FOR YOU, SO FUCK YOU. NOWADAYS ITS THE WAYS OF THE UNDERGROUND. ROUND HERE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO PUT IN WORK TO GO TO A DNB EVENT. YOU GOTTA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ALONE.

LYCANTHROPE

PS AS ALWAYS MORE GIRLS WOULD BE AN AWESOME ADDITION TO DA DANCEFLOOR.

SEE YOU SUCKAS SATURDAY.

LISTEN & DOWNLOAD==> http://soundcloud.com/djlycanthrope/djlycanthrope_subz-n-dubs

BOOM SIDE

INDEPENDENT AS FCUK

I AM THE NEW NEW YORK

CONTACT & BOOKINGS: DJTHICKRAY@YAHOO.COM

HTTP://WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/DJLYCANTHROPE

HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJLYCANTHROPE
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycanthrope wrote:
YOU AINT IN DA HOITY TOITY HOLLYWOOD DJ AM SECTION. YOU IN DA SECTION 8 OF DA UNITED STATES RIGHT NOW. TERRORIST ATTACKS, HIGH LEVEL ALERTS, GANG WARS IN DA STREETS. IT'S A JUNGLIST LIFESTYLE.

Yeah, no. Nobody got guns in NYC, so gang wars means what?
Rewindster

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"junglist" lol fucking "retardist"

Lycanthrope
Rewindster

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
Lycanthrope wrote:
YOU AINT IN DA HOITY TOITY HOLLYWOOD DJ AM SECTION. YOU IN DA SECTION 8 OF DA UNITED STATES RIGHT NOW. TERRORIST ATTACKS, HIGH LEVEL ALERTS, GANG WARS IN DA STREETS. IT'S A JUNGLIST LIFESTYLE.

Yeah, no. Nobody got guns in NYC, so gang wars means what?

No, yeah. They weren't just buckin shots in mid town the other week right?

LISTEN & DOWNLOAD==> http://soundcloud.com/djlycanthrope/djlycanthrope_subz-n-dubs

BOOM SIDE

INDEPENDENT AS FCUK

I AM THE NEW NEW YORK

CONTACT & BOOKINGS: DJTHICKRAY@YAHOO.COM

HTTP://WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/DJLYCANTHROPE

HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJLYCANTHROPE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: