Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happend to your scene in NYC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espero
Bad Influence

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supasharpshootah wrote:
How are most of you able to comment when you go to the same two or three parties week in and week out with almost identical line ups from week to week or month to month?

how the hell do you know where we go? and why are you such a jerk?

KANG AND THE PIRATE.

human?
Breakster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camouflage Chameleon wrote:
Sure there are good times left in NYC, but overall it's diminshed in size a GREAT deal, and there is no denying that. Not to mention it's become very, very difficult to keep it running smoothly and consistent especially for genres that are less popular today.

overall diminished in size from the "golden" years that you and differentdrummer agree on (lol, just wanted to point out yall agree)... i agree. no doubt about it.

and what im saying is that was way worse 3-5 years ago.

you are leaving out alot of poppin events. and ALOT of smaller mad fun ones.

things like hardnyc to things like flashing lights to things like turbotax... even stuff like que bajo?!, cassette nyc & all kinds of stuff at LPR...

i go to pretty much every dubwar & every T&B, and yo, its been ALOT of fun as shit partying the last few years man lol... and thats just them two...

i dunno. NYC changes. at some point it becomes a decision you make for yourself.... is this fun? i say overwhelmingly yes, and the future is even brighter.
supasharpshootah
Breakster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the statements made in this thead it is obvious. And who are you to label me a jerk? I call it like I see it. You have one guy from the UK who went to a few parties and had a promoter leave a bad taste in his mouth, and a bunch of people saying parties are shit and that rave have only 150 people. It is bull shit. I am out week in and week out. There was a rave last weekend that had several hundred kids, three weeks ago over 800 kids at another rave, before that a couple of thousand for Hard NYC and the list goes on. This is how I know you all do not go out to poppin parties.
Camouflage Chameleon
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

human? wrote:
Camouflage Chameleon wrote:
Sure there are good times left in NYC, but overall it's diminshed in size a GREAT deal, and there is no denying that. Not to mention it's become very, very difficult to keep it running smoothly and consistent especially for genres that are less popular today.

overall diminished in size from the "golden" years that you and differentdrummer agree on (lol, just wanted to point out yall agree)... i agree. no doubt about it.

and what im saying is that was way worse 3-5 years ago.

you are leaving out alot of poppin events. and ALOT of smaller mad fun ones.

things like hardnyc to things like flashing lights to things like turbotax... even stuff like que bajo?!, cassette nyc & all kinds of stuff at LPR...

i go to pretty much every dubwar & every T&B, and yo, its been ALOT of fun as shit partying the last few years man lol... and thats just them two...

i dunno. NYC changes. at some point it becomes a decision you make for yourself.... is this fun? i say overwhelmingly yes, and the future is even brighter.

The parties you are mentioning are parties that are monthy, bi-monthly, quarterly, or twice a year. You get me?

That is my point on consistency.

I guarantee if I did Camo on a monthly basis 12 times a year with a headliner at every one instead of weekly 52 times a year with lesser known local, regional, and stateside talent it would be a "super, fresh, dope, banging, cool, awesome, party, all the time man!".

Because that's what people look for these days, the hype surrounding an event.

HARDNYC takes place twice a year and it's promoted 6 months in advance. Of course there are gonna be a ton of people there, not to mention it's popular EDM at the moment.

Which brings me to massives and one-off parties in rural or urban areas and why they are more popular than ever. They take place once a year or so and they are promoted for nearly 3-6 months. Party go'ers between the ages of 29-40'something can't go out every week anymore do to various reasons mentioned before, so they prepare themselves for these one-offs, massives, and festivals which they can attend 1-5 times a year.

There is only a very small percentage of young people in comparison to years ago who are into EDM these days, a lot of the younger crowd is into bands again. Hence the reason raves, festivals, and massives are combining Jam Bands and EDM more than ever.

Things change.

"Feel The Force, Don't Force The Feel!"
www.camonyc.com
www.facebook.com/christian.bruna

Last edited by Camouflage Chameleon on Fri May 21, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
human?
Breakster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres def a HUGE new crop of ravers that i think most older people know nothing about...

i honestly dunno where the hell they came from lol, but they are here...
supasharpshootah
Breakster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB I dont buy it. You go to Hard NYC and you got a few thousand kids, Starscape, 10,000 kids, out to cali 140000. Weeklies never had thousands on the regs not even in Cali. 500 week in and week out at respect in LA is far fetched as I have been there when there is less.

The raves pretty much weekly now are getting between 400 and 800 kids every week.
human?
Breakster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres about to be a sold out rave in westchester next weekend. wtf lol.. and those kids do one a month....
Camouflage Chameleon

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supasharpshootah wrote:
CB I dont buy it. You go to Hard NYC and you got a few thousand kids, Starscape, 10,000 kids, out to cali 140000. Weeklies never had thousands on the regs not even in Cali. 500 week in and week out at respect in LA is far fetched as I have been there when there is less.

The raves pretty much weekly now are getting between 400 and 800 kids every week.

I understand all of this.

But these are events that are few and far between. We were talking about a CONSISTENT scene like back in the good ol' days, Golden Years. And making a comparison to today's scene. Even though we get good jams today, it's just not the same as it was. WMC is not the same as it was years ago. Starscape and the Baltimore scene recently just flourished again the past few years, don't forget it went through a low point prior to that.

Once again..., OVERALL the scene is not there anymore like it once was.

And that's a fact, that is all.

www.camonyc.com
eshin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the raves outside of the city better be ram jam. i know those kids have nothing else to do the boondocks.

Outside the Cube (Live DnB & Dubstep from NYC) | Every Wednesday, 9pm - 11pm EST @ Bassjunkees Radio

human?
Breakster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nows the time man.... dude from london can eat a dick..
Camouflage Chameleon

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eshin wrote:
the raves outside of the city better be ram jam. i know those kids have nothing else to do the boondocks.

Exactly.

We're talking about NYC for the most part, and we started getting carried away...

But even those parties outside of the city that do well, they do well because they are far and few between.

www.camonyc.com
eshin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

human? wrote:
nows the time man.... dude from london can eat a dick..

lol. it's all good. when i go to the UK, i usually say "GOD DAMN.. the hip-hop scene here sux!"

Outside the Cube (Live DnB & Dubstep from NYC) | Every Wednesday, 9pm - 11pm EST @ Bassjunkees Radio

Kenkajin 2.0
Chairman of the Horde

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eshin wrote:
Exactly. I live in Raleigh. We're grateful when anything comes our way. EDM is almost nonexistent. We have great indie rock and some good local hip-hop, but that's about it.

Y'all need to realize that bitching about not having 20 banging weeklies is kind of ridiculous compared to what the rest of the country has. It's like complaining that you're tired of eating lobster at Per Se when the rest of us only have Denny's available as a dining option.
supasharpshootah
Breakster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB you are wrong. It is just about every weekend. Sure not the same, not as many kids, but there are packed out parties every other week or so.
Camouflage Chameleon

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supasharpshootah wrote:
CB you are wrong. It is just about every weekend. Sure not the same, not as many kids, but there are packed out parties every other week or so.

Ok, I'm wrong.

Sorry, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Continue amongst yourselves, peace, love, unity, and respect my brothers and sisters.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Cool

www.camonyc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: