Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Nazi state of Arizona
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DifferentDrummer
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back on topic -

http://www.canucklehead.ca/_Media/arianzonea.jpg

Last edited by DifferentDrummer on Mon May 03, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
So, today was the annual may day protest in Union square. I have one question to ask. Why do these people not wave AMERICAN flags. If they are so about being naturalized , legitimate citizens of this country. Why not show some some American pride.

Because the only people who feel a need to wave a flag to demonstrate their American values are usually people who have none - see the Bush years. An American flag is easy to wave in the US, and should be inclusive of everyone. The use by the right wing, however, is to determine who is a "real" American and who isn't - it's identity politics that clearly states they believe this nation is only for white, straight, male power structures.

Hanging any heraldic symbol in the middle of political conflict is a clear sign to the world at large that you are grouping around what the symbol represents and defining your identity through it. Again, the right wing does this only to identify that others are NOT real Americans - otherwise where's their flag? They also treat their flags like shit, which I find sad and ridiculous at the same time. Much like their politics they find love of country worthwhile only when it is conveinient. And my favorite, they also seem to love the Confederate Battle Flag, something that actually does represent hate of the United States.

Patriotism is the last refuge of scounderals. Sometimes I think the wingnuts would celebrate Satan himself if he just took the trouble to wrap old glory around himself.
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you did not answer the question. Many democrats fly American flags. Why were these people marching with Mexican , Peru, Columbia, Ecudorian flags but not American flags when they are demanding citizenship. Sounds like these people are misguided or confused.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
No you did not answer the question. Many democrats fly American flags. Why were these people marching with Mexican , Peru, Columbia, Ecudorian flags but not American flags when they are demanding citizenship. Sounds like these people are misguided or confused.

They're demonstrating their ethnicity, not their desire. And I've seen quite a few US flags flown at the demonstrations here in Arizona, much more than any other. Of course your usual logic is to decide what you see based on your ideology, so it's understandable.

My immediate reaction to your question though is "why the hell do you think that matters?". Do you really think flying an American flag shows any actual commitment to country?

Consider this - Latino immigrants and their children serve at some of the highest rates in the US military of any ethnic group. I'd say their actions are much louder than so-called 'patriots' such as Beck and Limbaugh who conveniently forgot to serve in Vietnam.

http://www.prb.org/Articles/2007/HispanicsUSMilitary.aspx
Quote:
Hispanics in the Army—a rather diverse group—are largely immigrants or the children of immigrants. One study of 1,191 active-duty Army personnel showed just 39 percent of Hispanic respondents were born in the United States to U.S.-born parents.10 Hispanics are also more likely than non-Hispanic whites in the Army to report coming from working-class families rather than middle- or upper-class families, and to come from large urban areas.
Kenkajin 2.0
Chairman of the Horde

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
Why is it that it's an issue when I see plenty of Scottish, Irish and Italian Americans who fly those flags? Why are you not questioning their patriotism? Will the AZ police be staking out Highland games and Irish pubs or do they get a pass? I know of plenty illegal Irish people back in Brooklyn but I doubt they'd ever be questioned.
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:
Will the AZ police be staking out Highland games and Irish pubs or do they get a pass?

We actually were talking about doing an action there - however since the highland games here are dry I'm already boycotting them. Seriously, how do you celebrate Scottish culture without a bar?
Kenkajin 2.0
Chairman of the Horde

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:
Will the AZ police be staking out Highland games and Irish pubs or do they get a pass?

We actually were talking about doing an action there - however since the highland games here are dry I'm already boycotting them. Seriously, how do you celebrate Scottish culture without a bar?
That's pure insanity. Drunken depravity is a cornerstone of our culture.
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:
prozacrefugee wrote:
Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:

That's pure insanity. Drunken depravity is a cornerstone of our culture.

We can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in....
-Renton-
ChannelZero
international superpimp

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy cinco de mayo bitches...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44943

www.StrifeOnMars.com
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://immigrationcounters.com/

Just the facts jack. I heard some bus trips are being scheduled for a big cinco de mayo party in Mexico!
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

IOWA - 1 May, 2010. President Obama condemns Arizona law that requires all migrants to carry documentation, (Note: the federal law already requires this), says "Now, suddenly, if you don't have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you're going to get harassed -- that's something that could potentially happen."

President Obama, did you know that an American child sitting in a Baskin Robbins ice cream shop was killed by an illegal alien from Guatemala? Two American adults were also killed. Click Here This illegal had a long criminal record and ICE refused to deport him. View His Criminal Record Here President Obama, what is your priority, migrants having to carry papers or Americans being killed?

Thomas Jefferson
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
http://immigrationcounters.com/

Just the facts jack. I heard some bus trips are being scheduled for a big cinco de mayo party in Mexico!

Hey, I heard your dumb ass is getting shipped back to Scotland - you know there's a shortage of people in the Highlands right now? Of course you'd likely wind up a schemie. Nor to mention that cinco de mayo isn't a big holiday in Mexico, anymore than St. Paddy's is in Ireland.

Now for your site - you do never fail to get the most biased crap, do ya you little scruffamuffin! Italics mine:
Quote:
This site does not contain any original research, it contains research and data already released to the public so they don't need to mine the numerous reports themselves. Significant effort is made to provide what is believed to be the most reliable data and as such is published in good faith to maintain integrity of data. We find that the data used is sufficiently reliable for the purposes of this site.

Quote:
Some businesses are temporarily benefiting from illegal hiring.

My favorite, though, is this:
Quote:
It is presumptuous for the government to assume it can implement a new and expanded amnesty guest worker program when its been unable or unwilling to manage the existing immigration laws.

It should invoke the same cognative dissonance that people claiming government never works, so let's ratify the Patriot Act do. The government cannot manage the current broken system, which has resulted in an underground economy quickly being taken over by a hard-core criminal element (the coyotes). So instead of replacing it with anything working let's continue the broken system.

Anything that keeps those fucking Mexicans down, eh mein Fuhrer? Besides, working is for Mexicans, especially when you have them here illegally, and there's no chance of them getting smart and demanding decent wages, working conditions, or leaving to compete. We're a nation of VoiceOfTruthers, and we claim the privileges of America without wanting to, you know, work or read or any of that hard crap.

The problems with illegal immigration don't come from immigration, they come from the illegality. So fucking make it legal. Either that or revoke NAFTA and the drug laws so Mexico isn't competing with subsidized American corn (a large reason for the uptick in immigration recently) and isn't devolving into a narcostate in the north, and then your ignorant ass can go pick my strawberries.

Quote:
President Obama, did you know that an American child sitting in a Baskin Robbins ice cream shop was killed by an illegal alien from Guatemala? Two American adults were also killed.

Part of the push for SB1070 was the murder of a popular Arizona rancher, supposedly by illegal immigrants. However now the story seems to be it was drug related. People moving here for work don't carry AKs. The scary part is that increasingly the people smuggling them here do. The issue is the broken border, which idiotic measures like this make worse.
Ike Turner
Intro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU OWE US AMERICA!!!!!!

Angel Bobby Peru
Highlands Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^obviously shopped.
Light In The Sky Mix
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
So, today was the annual may day protest in Union square. I have one question to ask. Why do these people not wave AMERICAN flags.

You mean like these cheery guys I bumped into yesterday?

Any moronic scumbag can hide behind the flag. Even Nazis.

Who were marching in support of SB1070 btw, among their shouts of, I kid you not, GAS THE JEWS. Fine company y'all keep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: