Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hipsters just the new generation?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breakster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: hipsters just the new generation? Reply with quote

I see mad people hating on hipsters here. But are hipsters just the new generation?

are lots of us just stuck in the 90s? with how many hipsters are out there, it can't really be a scene but just new kids, no ?

I kinda get the vibe that dnb fashion wise and all that really isn't "cool" I never really gave a shit about all that. but all the hate for hipsters is it just hating "cool" ?

there's so few girls at dnb paties, is it just because the dnb scene is just not a "cool" scenee? Neutral
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is today's theme hipsters? =P

also, I never really knew there was a dnb 'fashion'.
it's just music. and sure, when it was newer, it was more exciting. but there's still good stuff out there.
personally, I always liked my jungle in a dirty back room of a rave or in a big club. never really dug the weekly scene.

IMO... go see a live Bassnectar show & you'll see the future of bass. it's far from dead. just evolving.
but deadly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, because flannel shirts buttoned at just the top button with a chain wallet and doc martens wasnt the whole 90's and it wasn't just the new cool, it lasted for a few years and was over because it sucked. it's the same for the skinny-jeans and neck-scarves and eye-flap hair.
The Blinding White Mandingo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? this shit again?
Breakster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DifferentDrummer wrote:
is today's theme hipsters? =P

also, I never really knew there was a dnb 'fashion'.
it's just music. and sure, when it was newer, it was more exciting. but there's still good stuff out there.
personally, I always liked my jungle in a dirty back room of a rave or in a big club. never really dug the weekly scene.

IMO... go see a live Bassnectar show & you'll see the future of bass. it's far from dead. just evolving.

quiet hippy!

bassnectar's ok, i dont really think his music's all that great. I think he's overhyped by the jam band crowd.

jam band crowd is the same shit as hipsters they just follow hwat other people tell them what to follow.

there definitely is a fashion in dnb, you ever been to a dnb party outside of the US?

Smile

and there's one inside the scene as well.

dont try and deny it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3001 wrote:
there definitely is a fashion in dnb, you ever been to a dnb party outside of the US?

plenty.
and they generally dress up, just like any metropolitan scene. same thing happened @ the weeklies here for a while. ugly shoes, expensive jeans, button down shirt, etc.

& lol @ jam kids 'following what people tell them to follow'. hate to break it to you, but festivals have far better music than most clubs, weeklies, or 'raves'.
Breakster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acid will make you think that:-)
Breakster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but honestly, jokes asside, i really feel thej am band scene is a scenester scene.

I used to live with a bunch, somome from biscuits used to chill at my house and it was all a bunch of drugged out bullshit for the most part.

some was good, but a lot of it really just is the drugs.

just about everyone i know who went/goes to festies goees for the drugs. i've even known die hards talking about the music all the time, then after words saying "it really was just about the drugs"

i think jam bands are a dangerous haze that once u step out for aw hile n stop doing the drugs you realize it actually isn't that great when sober...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your analysis might be accurate if you're talking about a small faction of the scene, such as Disco Biscuits fans. or even some of the new jack Phish kids.

but it's completely false for the scene as a whole.
Breakster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DifferentDrummer wrote:
3001 wrote:

plenty.
and they generally dress up, just like any metropolitan scene. same thing happened @ the weeklies here for a while. ugly shoes, expensive jeans, button down shirt, etc.

& lol @ jam kids 'following what people tell them to follow'. hate to break it to you, but festivals have far better music than most clubs, weeklies, or 'raves'.

there's nothing wrong with looking like an adult when you are an adult.

Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... what's this dnb 'fashion' then? that's all I was asking.

for the younger kids, I remember it being all about camo & wooden beads, 2 things I never really dug.
Breakster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DifferentDrummer wrote:
your analysis might be accurate if you're talking about a small faction of the scene, such as Disco Biscuits fans. or even some of the new jack Phish kids.

the rest of em too.

and then they get super hype when somone beat boxes really bad, or does really bad white boy reggae.

the jam band scene especially today is such a fucked up scene. they're jut grateful dead weird offspring mutants...

drugs, violence, and supposed to have roots in peace and love? give me a break:-)

Jerry with all his heroin, he really fucekd up a lot of young people's lives.

I've seen so many old dead heads in such a horrible state of health and mind...and money...

I dont believe the hype behind that shit.

hate when people can't face the facts of being part of a drug culture.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3001 wrote:

the rest of em too.

and then they get super hype when somone beat boxes really bad, or does really bad white boy reggae.

I've never seen either of those things @ a festival.

methinks you're going to the wrong festivals Wink
Some thoughts have a certain sound

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DifferentDrummer wrote:

it's not entirely true, but it isn't entirely false.

also, bassnectar is awful.
Breakster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3WL wrote:
DifferentDrummer wrote:

it's not entirely true, but it isn't entirely false.

also, bassnectar is awful.

yea, it's definatley not completely true:-) half o what i posted is for comedic value. but a lot of sadly is true
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: