Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REMEMBER WHEN VOICE OF TRUTH WOULDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
3WL
Some thoughts have a certain sound


Joined: 08 Aug 2002
Posts: 9743
Location: Chicago w00t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
Quote:
NEW YORK The price of gold surged to a fresh high Wednesday as the dollar fell to a 15-month low.

Gold futures for December delivery jumped to as high as $1,119.10 an ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange in morning trading, then slipped back to $1,114.20, up $11.70 from Tuesday's close.

Commodities including gold have been rising as the dollar has dropped. Gold's latest advance came as the dollar fell after Federal Reserve officials reiterated that the central bank will keep interest rates low for an extended period to support the economic recovery.

Low rates tend to weaken currencies including the dollar, encouraging investors to put their money in higher-yielding assets like gold. Investors also use gold as a hedge, not only against the falling dollar but also against inflation, which economists don't see as a threat right now.


http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091111/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gold_prices

3WL how does it feel to be an absolute fucking moron?


Owned, locked


I don't know the first thing about the economy and neither do you. You are a fucking receptionist. At a fucking bank branch. Handing out lolipops is in your job description.

There is one thing I do know, however, and it is that you that you got owned so hard on this board that you changed your username, no small feat considering that this board is inhabited with some of the stupidest people that I have ever encountered in my life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eric Metro
Sony Guts


Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Posts: 11220
Location: Sacramento

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3WL wrote:

I don't know the first thing about the economy.

Nobody who has lived while mooching off their parents the bulk of their existence would. Rolling Eyes

Since you know nothing, you obviously have a lot to add. laughing
_________________
A block of text.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3WL
Some thoughts have a certain sound


Joined: 08 Aug 2002
Posts: 9743
Location: Chicago w00t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Metro wrote:
3WL wrote:

I don't know the first thing about the economy.

Nobody who has lived while mooching off their parents the bulk of their existence would. Rolling Eyes

Since you know nothing, you obviously have a lot to add. laughing


Your parents obviously had the much more successful parenting strategy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for good times
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am glad I bought Gold and I guarantee I make more money than you. Lol. You are still a skinny fag.
_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The yellow metal had rallied 29.7% over 2010,

_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
Yes I am glad I bought Gold and I guarantee I make more money than you. Lol. You are still a skinny fag.


Funny, I bought silver (AGQ) instead, which outperformed gold, and had a pretty good year. Doesn't change the fact you're a fucking retard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
yoohoo
Person With At Least 2500 Posts


Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 2797
Location: ur mom's box

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
voiceofTruth wrote:
Yes I am glad I bought Gold and I guarantee I make more money than you. Lol. You are still a skinny fag.


Funny, I bought silver (AGQ) instead, which outperformed gold, and had a pretty good year. Doesn't change the fact you're a fucking retard.


I bought a great house....for almost $100K less than it's "worth" @5% interest and 3.5% down...woohoo


sorry....I don't belong in here Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoohoo wrote:
prozacrefugee wrote:
voiceofTruth wrote:
Yes I am glad I bought Gold and I guarantee I make more money than you. Lol. You are still a skinny fag.


Funny, I bought silver (AGQ) instead, which outperformed gold, and had a pretty good year. Doesn't change the fact you're a fucking retard.


I bought a great house....for almost $100K less than it's "worth" @5% interest and 3.5% down...woohoo


sorry....I don't belong in here Smile


When did you buy? I'm holding off in the southwest right now, as there's more to fall I think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
yoohoo
Person With At Least 2500 Posts


Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 2797
Location: ur mom's box

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
yoohoo wrote:
prozacrefugee wrote:
voiceofTruth wrote:
Yes I am glad I bought Gold and I guarantee I make more money than you. Lol. You are still a skinny fag.


Funny, I bought silver (AGQ) instead, which outperformed gold, and had a pretty good year. Doesn't change the fact you're a fucking retard.


I bought a great house....for almost $100K less than it's "worth" @5% interest and 3.5% down...woohoo


sorry....I don't belong in here Smile


When did you buy? I'm holding off in the southwest right now, as there's more to fall I think.


Last spring...closed with just enough time to claim the $8K tax credit....which was also awesome. Yea they keep saying the foreclosure rate is going to double this year...but who knows. I would be wary of waiting too long because even as foreclosures rise, and prices drop...it's getting harder and harder for people to get loans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Wholesale prices jumped last month by the most in nearly two years due to higher energy costs and the steepest rise in food prices in 36 years. Excluding those volatile categories, inflation was tame.

The Labor Department said Wednesday that the Producer Price Index rose a seasonally adjusted 1.6 percent in February -- double the 0.8 percent rise in the previous month. Outside of food and energy costs, the core index ticked up 0.2 percent, less than January's 0.5 percent rise.

Food prices soared 3.9 percent last month, the biggest gain since November 1974. Most of that increase was due to a sharp rise in vegetable costs, which increased nearly 50 percent. That was the most in almost a year. Meat and dairy products also rose.

Energy prices rose 3.3 percent last month, led by a 3.7 percent increase in gasoline costs.

Separately, the Commerce Department said home construction plunged to a seasonally adjusted 479,000 homes last month, down 22.5 percent from the previous month. It was lowest level since April 2009, and the second-lowest on records dating back more than a half-century.

The building pace is far below the 1.2 million units a year that economists consider healthy.[quote]


http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Wholesale-prices-up-16-pct-on-apf-3777454020.html?x=0&.v=1[/quote]

_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^And these levels are still far below anything we saw 1990-2008 (and actually anywhere post WWII), when we also failed to have hyperinflation. What's your point?

Where is the inflation from the Fed you won't shut the fuck up about? Gas went high (revolutions in the middle east do that), and it's still barely crept into CPI. Which, as I stated above, is at RECORD LOWS.

What's so damn sad is people like you celebrate too low inflation, which as a cause of low rates IS one of the prime generators of bad money and asset bubbles. Because, I guess, unless it's shiny you can't understand money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group