Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hope for Islam?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Metro
Sony Guts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Hope for Islam? Reply with quote

I like to dream that Islam will eventually reform itself to an authentic "religion of peace". It certainly does not exist now, nor has it ever.

The best idea I have heard so far is to eliminate the Median verses of the Koran (warlike and hostile and very intolerant), and to place emphasis on the Meccan verses (more poetic and spiritual). The understanding is that MOHAMMED needed to conduct his life in that phase, similar to the way the Israelites originally deposed of the very corrupt inhabitants of Caanan.

Torah is a bunch of very real, sometimes uncivilized people trying to be good people, making mistakes, and them fixing them (is it not better to learn from others mistakes?) Perhaps Mohammeds incredible aggression can be looked as such, for acting out of fear, rape, or penalty of death to join a religion is horrible.

Islam originally was practiced by our cousins (I am Jew) the Ishmaelites and Edomites (Esau's descendants). We are directly related. I'd like to think that while these relatives of ours departed from us, but kept their faith in God, and that somehow warlike people perverted Islam and took advantage of Mohammed, and his illiteracy, creating verses to support their immoral desires. Mohammed is supposed to be a direct descendant of Ishmael, so I am very partial to this idea. Ishmael and Esau are two of my very favorite characters in the Torah. It has been decreed in Midrash and Talmud that Ishmael was given land south of Israel, so Mecca makes sense.

Baha'i, as well as Sihkism both draw from Mohammed. To my knowledge they at least more peaceful than Islam. Researching these two religions may spark some hope.

In it's current form, Islam is absolutely unacceptable.
DifferentDrummer
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dream that Muslims, Jews & Jesus-worshipers will ALL wake up & realize that their cults are pure bullshit.
Chairman of the Horde

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DifferentDrummer wrote:
I dream that Muslims, Jews & Jesus-worshipers will ALL wake up & realize that their cults are pure bullshit.
RAmen
djjagdish
$100 billa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosigned with DD. There is no religion of peace and probably never will be. Humans have always and always will perpetrate inhumane and barbaric acts in the name of God, Jesus, Allah, and whoever else you want to name.

prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djjagdish wrote:
There is no religion of peace and probably never will be.

Incorrect sir!

And I here am declaring a jihad upon Pastafarians, in the name of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs.
Eric Metro
Sony Guts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djjagdish wrote:
Cosigned with DD. There is no religion of peace and probably never will be. Humans have always and always will perpetrate inhumane and barbaric acts in the name of God, Jesus, Allah, and whoever else you want to name.

Or any politician, or business man, athiest or anyone with free will who wants to do so in their own name.

Look at how many people were murdered by Stalin and Mao. Left-wing Atheists.

I'm sure you ladies will look smashing in your hijabs. Rolling Eyes

Religion and power; Abusus non tollit usum.
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Metro wrote:

Both were actually quite right wing within their parties - both were extremely authoratative rather than liberal. 1968 in France was highly anti-Soviet as well as anti de Gaulle.
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christianity does more to help its fellow man than any other religion. Bottom line.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Eric Metro
Sony Guts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
Eric Metro wrote:

Both were actually quite right wing within their parties - both were extremely authoratative rather than liberal. 1968 in France was highly anti-Soviet as well as anti de Gaulle.

And still Left-wing Atheists.
Kenkajin 2.0
Chairman of the Horde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
Christianity does more to help its fellow man than any other religion. Bottom line.
Proof?
MustafaQBrainmender
The Mongolian Acid Casualty

Location: the land of digital swine and silicon tart sweethearts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:
voiceofTruth wrote:
Proof?
THEGREATSPIRITOFTHEFREEMARKET!

^^^ My greatest achievement to date. It's all downhill from here.
Dinosaurs are awesome
So are talking stuffed animals and feral cats

katykaboom wrote:
i would seriously kill him and then have his body taxidermied and then display him in my living room as a paradigm of "don't"
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Metro wrote:

Left wing in relation to what? Your false dichotomy implies that Western left-wing parties support the authoritarianism of Mao and Stalin, something that's simply not true.
Eric Metro
Sony Guts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
Eric Metro wrote:

Left wing in relation to what? Your false dichotomy implies that Western left-wing parties support the authoritarianism of Mao and Stalin, something that's simply not true.

Communism is a Leftist ideology. It is even further left than the Democratic party which is also Leftist. Please disperse with the needless semantics.

A Communist murderer further to the Left of Mao and Stalin could only have been worse.

Mao and Stalin were both Atheists who each murdered millions of people. All religion combined has killed less people. Unless Atheism is a religion?
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Metro wrote:

Communism is a Leftist ideology. It is even further left than the Democratic party which is also Leftist. Please disperse with the needless semantics.

A Communist murderer further to the Left of Mao and Stalin could only have been worse.

Yeah, the Green Party of the UK is surely just hiding their real agenda of gulags. Rolling Eyes Pelosi and Obama are going to have us on a five year plan. They're left-wing, right?

Quote:

Mao and Stalin were both Atheists who each murdered millions of people. All religion combined has killed less people. Unless Atheism is a religion?

Christ, you're an idiot. Add up the 30 years war, the Crusades, the Muslim invasion of the Balkans, and all the other religious wars people have been fighting for the last 4000 years, and you're going to be way above the totals for Stalin and Mao.

Stalin, by the way, launched his purges supposedly to remove the left wing Troskyites. Again, your blanket term of 'left-wing' is simply so broad as to be meaningless and falsely equative of ideologies which simply don't agree.
Eric Metro
Sony Guts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
Eric Metro wrote:

Yeah, the Green Party of the UK is surely just hiding their real agenda of gulags. Rolling Eyes Pelosi and Obama are going to have us on a five year plan. They're left-wing, right?

Quote:

Christ, you're an idiot. Add up the 30 years war, the Crusades, the Muslim invasion of the Balkans, and all the other religious wars people have been fighting for the last 4000 years, and you're going to be way above the totals for Stalin and Mao.

Stalin, by the way, launched his purges supposedly to remove the left wing Troskyites. Again, your blanket term of 'left-wing' is simply so broad as to be meaningless and falsely equative of ideologies which simply don't agree.

A welfare state is a welfare state, Comrade. Rolling Eyes

Do not confuse military action with political ideology.

--

Hitler practiced occult rituals, so he was not an Atheist. However he was a Leftist so I'm still posting his numbers. - Had Hitler lived he might have converted to Islam. He was very fond of the Grand Mufti.

You do not need to include Hitler in the comparison.

--

Mao Ze-Dong: 49-78,000,000 people

Jozef Stalin: 23,000,000 people

Adolf Hitler: 12,000,000 people

Your numbers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: