Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dubstep=hipsterism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mykey
Lord of the Beers


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 378
Location: 192.168.1.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Citizen Kang
Urban Shaman


Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Posts: 18483
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camouflage Chameleon wrote:
Citizen Kang wrote:
Camouflage Chameleon wrote:
Citizen Kang wrote:
seckle wrote:
the people that make it a competition, are in it for the wrong reasons.


Exclamation

The main reason I like going to parties like T&B or Flashing Lights is that I know I'll hear all types of music from house to electro to D&B to dubstep to whatever is clever. Monotony is boring.


Main reason you go there is cuz all your friends go there, so stop dude. You didn't seem to mind monotony when Direct Drive was throwing all D&B parties. How convenient...

Please.



Oh Bruna - you crazy K addict stuck in the same spot you have been for the last decade. Don't be upset with me Just because more people are going to those parties instead of yours. Don't get upset with me because those parties get more press than yours. The only reason you still run Camo is because you can't do anything else. It's an easy, mindless job. And it's not hard to keep a party going for so long when you have mommy and daddy financing it all.

Of course I go to those parties because my friends are currently playing more interesting music than what is currently offered at an all DnB night.

And BTW - Who was organizing Direct Drive's Enter the Dragon parties where DnB wasn't played? Oh right - Me who was tired of DnB monotony.

It's your elitist attitude which made the Drum and Bass scene a laughing joke. Take a cue from like people Cliff, Mac, Swingsett, and Josh Link - Your attitude sucks. Thank god Konkrete Jungle is still around because I hate recommending visitors coming to NYC to go your party.

So stick another shampoo bottle up your ass and keep acting like the dick we all know you are.



K addict? I don't even do that... Mommy and daddy? They play no part in supporting Camo, me, or financing anything I do. Actually the venue and door cover sustain the party, thank you. Maybe Cliff had some investors, but not me. Smile More people going to those parties? What is this a competition? Hopefully they'll last half as long as I have. Can't do anything else? Ha, ha.. Tell that to Dieselboy, Dara, Odi, and all other dj's playing and promoting D&B. You just insulted them too. Elitist? How am I an elitist, please explain. You're just a jealous little fuck talking outta your ass.




Bruna - Please reread everything you wrote in this thread and then try to argue that you are not a Hypocrite.

Yes more people do go to those parties because they are more fun than yours. Not that hard to understand. It's not a competition but it's funny that you say that since for so many years you had to tell people in your promotions that camo was "the longest running 21+ dnb night in NYC" as if anyone fucking cares. I remember when you were all pissy pants about FREE:STYLE @ Remote Lounge. Pretty much the same story here.

Dieselboy, Dara, and Odi play mores styles of music than just DnB. Maybe you should pay more attention to that.

Yes you are a Drum and Bass elitist. You think it's the best music ever and no other music in this world has any merit. Again reread through this thread and tell me you don't think like that. And I know you're an elitist because I use to act the exact same way about DnB. I hated on pretty much all electronic music outside of DnB. But then one day I grew up and realized Music is about emotion. and if that emotion causes you to dance, then it doesn't matter what kind of music it is. As long as people are having fun

Jealous of what? Of a one track mind drum and bass promoter? Hilarious. Keep telling yourself that.

Quote:

Kang, get a life, and stop hating. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, lol... Do something positive with yourself, please.


Get a life? I'm 100% positive that I have more fun in life than you.

Stop Hating? You mean stop doing what you have been doing this entire thread? Hypocrite. And I don't hate DnB. I just hate the angst attitude that became so prevalent in the scene.

No idea what I'm talking about? I've only been studying music for the last 23 years of my life. I have a Degree in Music theory. I play numerous instruments. I was teaching guitar at NYU when I was 18. So yes - I would say I know a bit more about music than you. You didn't even have a rebuttle for my Coleman/Stubblefield comment because you don't even know who the fuck they are.

I find it funny that you hate on people who are having fun just because you "don't get it."

But in the end who cares. Not like we ever see each other in life so just keep living yours and I'll keep living mine.
_________________

DIRECT DRIVE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
drels UTI NSU LNB
Rinsester


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 819

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, I dont see angry people at DNB parties in NYC. I go out solo all the time and have a blast with complete strangers all the time. Chances are I have done a shot with just about everyone on here, although i chose to not care who you are because I'm afraid a music debate is going to break out and I'm not out swigging shots trying to have a therorized lecture.

All I see is smiles, and drunk people.
_________________
Yo, it's the gun-slinging lunitic demon that'll hell
Intoxicated punks letting off bad smells
" Reign of The Tec" The Beatnuts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Camouflage Chameleon
Person With At Least 2500 Posts


Joined: 31 May 2003
Posts: 4356
Location: New York City, born and bred!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Kang wrote:
Camouflage Chameleon wrote:
Citizen Kang wrote:
Camouflage Chameleon wrote:
Citizen Kang wrote:
seckle wrote:
the people that make it a competition, are in it for the wrong reasons.


Exclamation

The main reason I like going to parties like T&B or Flashing Lights is that I know I'll hear all types of music from house to electro to D&B to dubstep to whatever is clever. Monotony is boring.


Main reason you go there is cuz all your friends go there, so stop dude. You didn't seem to mind monotony when Direct Drive was throwing all D&B parties. How convenient...

Please.



Oh Bruna - you crazy K addict stuck in the same spot you have been for the last decade. Don't be upset with me Just because more people are going to those parties instead of yours. Don't get upset with me because those parties get more press than yours. The only reason you still run Camo is because you can't do anything else. It's an easy, mindless job. And it's not hard to keep a party going for so long when you have mommy and daddy financing it all.

Of course I go to those parties because my friends are currently playing more interesting music than what is currently offered at an all DnB night.

And BTW - Who was organizing Direct Drive's Enter the Dragon parties where DnB wasn't played? Oh right - Me who was tired of DnB monotony.

It's your elitist attitude which made the Drum and Bass scene a laughing joke. Take a cue from like people Cliff, Mac, Swingsett, and Josh Link - Your attitude sucks. Thank god Konkrete Jungle is still around because I hate recommending visitors coming to NYC to go your party.

So stick another shampoo bottle up your ass and keep acting like the dick we all know you are.



K addict? I don't even do that... Mommy and daddy? They play no part in supporting Camo, me, or financing anything I do. Actually the venue and door cover sustain the party, thank you. Maybe Cliff had some investors, but not me. Smile More people going to those parties? What is this a competition? Hopefully they'll last half as long as I have. Can't do anything else? Ha, ha.. Tell that to Dieselboy, Dara, Odi, and all other dj's playing and promoting D&B. You just insulted them too. Elitist? How am I an elitist, please explain. You're just a jealous little fuck talking outta your ass.




Bruna - Please reread everything you wrote in this thread and then try to argue that you are not a Hypocrite.

Yes more people do go to those parties because they are more fun than yours. Not that hard to understand. It's not a competition but it's funny that you say that since for so many years you had to tell people in your promotions that camo was "the longest running 21+ dnb night in NYC" as if anyone fucking cares. I remember when you were all pissy pants about FREE:STYLE @ Remote Lounge. Pretty much the same story here.

Dieselboy, Dara, and Odi play mores styles of music than just DnB. Maybe you should pay more attention to that.

Yes you are a Drum and Bass elitist. You think it's the best music ever and no other music in this world has any merit. Again reread through this thread and tell me you don't think like that. And I know you're an elitist because I use to act the exact same way about DnB. I hated on pretty much all electronic music outside of DnB. But then one day I grew up and realized Music is about emotion. and if that emotion causes you to dance, then it doesn't matter what kind of music it is. As long as people are having fun

Jealous of what? Of a one track mind drum and bass promoter? Hilarious. Keep telling yourself that.

Quote:

Kang, get a life, and stop hating. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, lol... Do something positive with yourself, please.


Get a life? I'm 100% positive that I have more fun in life than you.

Stop Hating? You mean stop doing what you have been doing this entire thread? Hypocrite. And I don't hate DnB. I just hate the angst attitude that became so prevalent in the scene.

No idea what I'm talking about? I've only been studying music for the last 23 years of my life. I have a Degree in Music theory. I play numerous instruments. I was teaching guitar at NYU when I was 18. So yes - I would say I know a bit more about music than you. You didn't even have a rebuttle for my Coleman/Stubblefield comment because you don't even know who the fuck they are.

I find it funny that you hate on people who are having fun just because you "don't get it."

But in the end who cares. Not like we ever see each other in life so just keep living yours and I'll keep living mine.


Exactly, in the end who cares. It's about quality over quality, not to mention consistency. Live and let live, Kang. It's been fun arguing over nothing. If you'll excuse me now I have to get ready for the longest running 21+ dnb night in NYC.

Very Happy

CAMOUFLAGE
_________________

"Feel The Force, Don't Force The Feel!"
www.camonyc.com
www.facebook.com/christian.bruna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tommy Blingshyne
Breakster


Joined: 18 May 2009
Posts: 176
Location: NY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i been going to konkrete on and off since 1996...i used fake ID to get into Camo in 1997 when i was 17...went to konkrete way more back in the day cause it wasnt 21+...but i been steady going to Camo once i was of age in 2001...ill tell you this...and i love konkrete jungle...but...when i go to either party...im going b/c they are 1 or 2 of the only places i can go out in NYC and hear jungle music...me personally...i dont go out to hear dubstep...i dont mind dubstep...but im going to hear jungle/drum n bass....konkrete kinda switched up styles...theyre playing alot of other music...which is fine...but thats not what im looking for...Camo been bringing top notch djs and producers fairly consistent...steady drum n bass....thats what im looking for....and they got house...lil hip hop from time to time...at least when the upstairs was still open....how can you hate on that? very few others are doing it.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentile
Rewindster


Joined: 10 Dec 2004
Posts: 1695

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the grass is greener.... If I could walk a few miles somewhere to hear some drum and bass at a club, pub, hut, or whatever, that would be awesome. I guess if you live in the city for awhile its easy to take things for granted. I tell you one thing, I would take a drum and bass night over anything. Sign me up on the dnb elitist list! I got into dnb in 95' and I still love it! Nothing wrong with staying true to jungle. Dubstep fucking sucks so I wouldn't even bother with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo


Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 7437
Location: The great big festering neon distraction.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck all this pussy electronic shit anyway...go yodel or go home...




Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Silent
but deadly


Joined: 03 Sep 2002
Posts: 7897
Location: Satan's asshole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

celestial_conspiracy wrote:


Totally unexpected:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=vagina%2C+penis&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0


its all in the wording:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=dick%2C+pussy&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

(edit: nevermind, half of that is dick cheney shooting people in the face)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mykey
Lord of the Beers


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 378
Location: 192.168.1.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo @ Time Out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mykey wrote:
Boo @ Time Out.


FUCK SONY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo


Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 7437
Location: The great big festering neon distraction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



DUNE COOTER!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Silent
but deadly


Joined: 03 Sep 2002
Posts: 7897
Location: Satan's asshole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he still couldn't find the clit! BADUMP, PSHH
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kenkajin 2.0
Chairman of the Horde


Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Posts: 6500
Location: Nerd Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this thread has even more sand in its vagina.

Ba-zing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
djjagdish
$100 billa


Joined: 12 Aug 2002
Posts: 8092
Location: Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:
Now this thread has even more sand in its vagina.

Ba-zing!



_________________
http://soundcloud.com/jagdish

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Silent
but deadly


Joined: 03 Sep 2002
Posts: 7897
Location: Satan's asshole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i was him, i'd be careful of crabs.

ZOWIE!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group