Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dubstep=hipsterism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boring
seckle
Rewindster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/trends?q=dubstep%2C+drum+and+bass&ctab=0&geo=us&date=all&sort=0
celestial_conspiracy
Rewindster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seckle wrote:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=dubstep%2C+drum+and+bass&ctab=0&geo=us&date=all&sort=0

http://www.google.com/trends?q=dubstep%2C+jungle&ctab=0&geo=us&geor=all&date=all&sort=0 Razz

Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:

This is pretty much how all of life is. There is laughing and fucking and then it pretty much goes to shit.
seckle
Rewindster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

google trends is madness. Smile

i put that link up there just to make the point that its not in "decline" at all. anything but decline. its not a genre competition either, and those that have this "us vs them" mentality should get back in touch with the reason they promote any music at all. the people that make it a competition, are in it for the wrong reasons.

here's just three clips of dubstep headlining festivals in europe. not any 2nd stage, 2nd tent business. thousands of people at the main stages.

skream exit festival (14 thousand people) ,croatia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqXxOp4xNU4
caspa audioriver festival , Holland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe5eS00FS4I
mala sonar , Spain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fldGASUC6Ww

Last edited by seckle on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Citizen Kang
Urban Shaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seckle wrote:
the people that make it a competition, are in it for the wrong reasons.

Exclamation

The main reason I like going to parties like T&B or Flashing Lights is that I know I'll hear all types of music from house to electro to D&B to dubstep to whatever is clever. Monotony is boring.

DIRECT DRIVE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
seckle
Rewindster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Kang wrote:
seckle wrote:

Exclamation

The main reason I like going to parties like T&B or Flashing Lights is that I know I'll hear all types of music from house to electro to D&B to dubstep to whatever is clever. Monotony is boring.

T&B are great. Huge vibes at their parties. All kinds of people there too. If there's one crew against the "genre" idea for nightlife, its them, and they've got it down to a science. Good peeps!
Force
bacon sandwich insiders

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celestial_conspiracy wrote:
seckle wrote:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=dubstep%2C+jungle&ctab=0&geo=us&geor=all&date=all&sort=0 Razz

I like how it points out the key points in Jungle's history. Namely:

A) Peru jet crashes in jungle, at least 40 dead

B) Glenn Ford, star of ‘Gilda,’ ‘Blackboard Jungle,’ dies at 90

C) Politician rescued from jungle

D) Welcome to the Jungle: 'Jungle Books'

E) French minister vows to clear up migrant jungle

and my favorite,

F) Heidi and Spencer quit jungle?

http://www.threadless.com/submission/141204/Puttin_on_the_Savannah

http://www.threadless.com/submission/140784/PI_rates
speeder wrote:
bacon sandwich insiders DO NOT FRONT. they only come in one flavor: CORRECT.
celestial_conspiracy
Rewindster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force wrote:
celestial_conspiracy wrote:
seckle wrote:

I like how it points out the key points in Jungle's history. Namely:

A) Peru jet crashes in jungle, at least 40 dead

B) Glenn Ford, star of ‘Gilda,’ ‘Blackboard Jungle,’ dies at 90

C) Politician rescued from jungle

D) Welcome to the Jungle: 'Jungle Books'

E) French minister vows to clear up migrant jungle

and my favorite,

F) Heidi and Spencer quit jungle?

laughing Yeah, I saw that, too. I was a bit surprised at the lack of interest in Disney's "The Jungle Book."

I wasn't posting that to make a point. I just thought that it was funny. Wink

Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:

This is pretty much how all of life is. There is laughing and fucking and then it pretty much goes to shit.
seckle
Rewindster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ vs james brown. when JB died its a minor blip in 2006, but when MJ died it crushed the internet.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=james+brown%2C+michael+jackson&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
celestial_conspiracy
Rewindster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seckle wrote:
MJ vs james brown. when JB died its a minor blip in 2006, but when MJ died it crushed the internet.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=james+brown%2C+michael+jackson&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Totally unexpected:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=vagina%2C+penis&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Kenkajin 2.0 wrote:

Camouflage Chameleon
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Kang wrote:
seckle wrote:

Exclamation

Main reason you go there is cuz all your friends go there, so stop dude. You didn't seem to mind monotony when Direct Drive was throwing all D&B parties. How convenient...

Please.

"Feel The Force, Don't Force The Feel!"
www.camonyc.com
www.facebook.com/christian.bruna

Last edited by Camouflage Chameleon on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camouflage Chameleon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seckle wrote:
Citizen Kang wrote:
seckle wrote:

Exclamation

T&B are great. Huge vibes at their parties. All kinds of people there too. If there's one crew against the "genre" idea for nightlife, its them, and they've got it down to a science. Good peeps!

Who's against the genre thing? Oooh the mixed genre thing, how original. Raves have been doing that for how long now? T&B/Flashing Lights are just doing the "Nu-Rave" Hipster thing. Raves have been mixing genres since way back, even I've been doing two floors at Camo for about 6 years now and mixing genres until recently. What are you all talking about? Seriously.

www.camonyc.com
Citizen Kang
Urban Shaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camouflage Chameleon wrote:
Citizen Kang wrote:
seckle wrote:

Exclamation

Main reason you go there is cuz all your friends go there, so stop dude. You didn't seem to mind monotony when Direct Drive was throwing all D&B parties. How convenient...

Please.

Oh Bruna - you crazy K addict stuck in the same spot you have been for the last decade. Don't be upset with me Just because more people are going to those parties instead of yours. Don't get upset with me because those parties get more press than yours. The only reason you still run Camo is because you can't do anything else. It's an easy, mindless job. And it's not hard to keep a party going for so long when you have mommy and daddy financing it all.

Of course I go to those parties because my friends are currently playing more interesting music than what is currently offered at an all DnB night.

And BTW - Who was organizing Direct Drive's Enter the Dragon parties where DnB wasn't played? Oh right - Me who was tired of DnB monotony.

It's your elitist attitude which made the Drum and Bass scene a laughing joke. Take a cue from like people Cliff, Mac, Swingsett, and Josh Link - Your attitude sucks. Thank god Konkrete Jungle is still around because I hate recommending visitors coming to NYC to go your party.

DIRECT DRIVE

Last edited by Citizen Kang on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Camouflage Chameleon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Kang wrote:
Camouflage Chameleon wrote:
Citizen Kang wrote:
seckle wrote:

Exclamation

Please.

Oh Bruna - you crazy K addict stuck in the same spot you have been for the last decade. Don't be upset with me Just because more people are going to those parties instead of yours. Don't get upset with me because those parties get more press than yours. The only reason you still run Camo is because you can't do anything else. It's an easy, mindless job. And it's not hard to keep a party going for so long when you have mommy and daddy financing it all.

Of course I go to those parties because my friends are currently playing more interesting music than what is currently offered at an all DnB night.

And BTW - Who was organizing Direct Drive's Enter the Dragon parties where DnB wasn't played? Oh right - Me who was tired of DnB monotony.

It's your elitist attitude which made the Drum and Bass scene a laughing joke. Take a cue from like people Cliff, Mac, Swingsett, and Josh Link - Your attitude sucks. Thank god Konkrete Jungle is still around because I hate recommending visitors coming to NYC to go your party.

So stick another shampoo bottle up your ass and keep acting like the dick we all know you are.

K addict? I don't even do that... Mommy and daddy? They play no part in supporting Camo, me, or financing anything I do. Actually the venue and door cover sustain the party, thank you. Maybe Cliff had some investors, but not me. Smile More people going to those parties? What is this a competition? Hopefully they'll last half as long as I have. Can't do anything else? Ha, ha.. Tell that to Dieselboy, Dara, Odi, and all other dj's playing and promoting D&B. You just insulted them too. Elitist? How am I an elitist, please explain. You're just a jealous little fuck talking outta your ass, so put a bottle in it instead.

Kang, get a life, and stop hating. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, lol... Do something positive with yourself, please.

www.camonyc.com

Last edited by Camouflage Chameleon on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
human?
Breakster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: