Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ron Paul on CNN talks about the Trillion Dollar deficit!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Ron Paul on CNN talks about the Trillion Dollar deficit! Reply with quote


Link

_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo


Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 7437
Location: The great big festering neon distraction.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duder looks a bit like Marshall "Ridin' The Comet"Applewhite in that vid...




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Clit Master Flex
Ex-player


Joined: 30 Aug 2002
Posts: 11690
Location: Manhattan - U.N. Occupied

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.E.D. wrote:
Duder looks a bit like Marshall "Ridin' The Comet"Applewhite in that vid...

Appearance is the most important aspect of being a politician.

Politicians are all about appearance because truth and morality depend on what you look like.

rotatin' satan
_________________
"...ye are of this world; I am not of this world." -- Jesus Christ, John 8:23

Prisca Sapientia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J.E.D.
The Blinding White Mandingo


Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 7437
Location: The great big festering neon distraction.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clit Master Flex wrote:
J.E.D. wrote:
Duder looks a bit like Marshall "Ridin' The Comet"Applewhite in that vid...

Appearance is the most important aspect of being a politician.

Politicians are all about appearance because truth and morality depend on what you look like.

rotatin' satan



A sense of humor is about not taking things to seriously. It's about parody, levity and poking fun at the silly things that people do and say, or in this case to point out a slight physical resemblance between a suicidal black nike wearing cultist digbat and a homophobic political party changeling dog paddling like hell to try and keep his head above water. It is an especially effective tool in taking the piss out of jackass self important douche nozzles....Unfortunately however it is rarely recognized by those with there head so far up a dogma, belief, or viewpoints ass that they can't see daylight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MustafaQBrainmender
The Mongolian Acid Casualty


Joined: 07 Dec 2003
Posts: 6643
Location: the land of digital swine and silicon tart sweethearts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.E.D. wrote:
Clit Master Flex wrote:
J.E.D. wrote:
Duder looks a bit like Marshall "Ridin' The Comet"Applewhite in that vid...

Appearance is the most important aspect of being a politician.

Politicians are all about appearance because truth and morality depend on what you look like.

rotatin' satan



A sense of humor is about not taking things to seriously. It's about parody, levity and poking fun at the silly things that people do and say, or in this case to point out a slight physical resemblance between a suicidal black nike wearing cultist digbat and a homophobic political party changeling dog paddling like hell to try and keep his head above water. It is an especially effective tool in taking the piss out of jackass self important douche nozzles....Unfortunately however it is rarely recognized by those with there head so far up a dogma, belief, or viewpoints ass that they can't see daylight.


They can see daylight, but only through the back parts of their throats.
_________________

^^^ My greatest achievement to date. It's all downhill from here.
Dinosaurs are awesome
So are talking stuffed animals and feral cats

katykaboom wrote:
i would seriously kill him and then have his body taxidermied and then display him in my living room as a paradigm of "don't"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
djthundercleese
BIZARRO lemonaids


Joined: 13 Oct 2002
Posts: 6468
Location: iactuallylivehere

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustafaQBrainmender wrote:
J.E.D. wrote:
Clit Master Flex wrote:
J.E.D. wrote:
Duder looks a bit like Marshall "Ridin' The Comet"Applewhite in that vid...

Appearance is the most important aspect of being a politician.

Politicians are all about appearance because truth and morality depend on what you look like.

rotatin' satan



A sense of humor is about not taking things to seriously. It's about parody, levity and poking fun at the silly things that people do and say, or in this case to point out a slight physical resemblance between a suicidal black nike wearing cultist digbat and a homophobic political party changeling dog paddling like hell to try and keep his head above water. It is an especially effective tool in taking the piss out of jackass self important douche nozzles....Unfortunately however it is rarely recognized by those with there head so far up a dogma, belief, or viewpoints ass that they can't see daylight.


They can see daylight, but only through the back parts of their throats.


its also a sign of bein all bi-polar n shit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok does anyone have anything to add on the crisis that Dr paul addressing?
_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson


Last edited by voiceofTruth on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to what is going on with dollar if anyone cares, central banking is not what the markets need. Seriously its not a partisan issue. We joked about the Obama administrations trillion dollar defecit ; but to bring this about your first week in office. JESUS! Things are going to get so out of hand .If this is the precedent for budget spending in the next 4 years things will get worse! YOU CANNOT SOLVE INFLATION WITH MORE INFLATION AND INCREASED TAXES AND FEDERAL SPENDING! DO THE MATH!
_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
YOU CANNOT SOLVE INFLATION WITH MORE INFLATION AND INCREASED TAXES AND FEDERAL SPENDING! DO THE MATH!


Once again, please go read Keynes and the history of the Great Depression before you spout off. Your market model assumes that markets always work at efficiency, which the events of 1929-36 provide an excellent example of not being true. Without intervention markets can easily find a new sub-optimal equilibrium for decades at a time, with both labor and capitol lying dormant and wasted.

Inflation right now does not exist - central bank lending has reached the zero point. Inflation is simply not the issue, yet you continue to frame the problem in search of your desired solution.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Link

_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernake's quote actually refers to the fact that the Fed did NOT act in 1929, instead allowing the money supply to contract, which is the exact opposite of the inflation you're complaining about.

The issue of petrodollars is a far different one, and is irrelevant to the manner of backing of a currency (fiat or specie). As Britan discovered in the late 19th century (and Spain to some extent in the 17th) when a hegemonic nation loses its manufacturing edge, and instead moves resources into financial rather than industrial use its position in the world will be challenged quickly. The issue is that we don't make anything - and having the dollar floated by having petrol traded in it has just put that reckoning off.

Which is why vast domestic spending is actually a very good solution to the current crisis - it raises not only aggregate spending but ultimately the productive capacity of the US economy in the long run. And while I agree with Dr. Paul's critique of the waste of empire his economics are simply wrong on domestic spending and the current crisis.

Now can you actually respond to anything, or are you going to continue to plaster Ron Paul quotes that you don't understand?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
djjagdish
$100 billa


Joined: 12 Aug 2002
Posts: 8092
Location: Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:

Now can you actually respond to anything, or are you going to continue to plaster Ron Paul quotes that you don't understand?


I think we all know the answer to this one
_________________
http://soundcloud.com/jagdish

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about trying to balance the budget. Therefore we could actually have affordable lending based upon savings! This is how a free market is supposed to set interest rates; on the actual availability of money/wealth. I don't see how mass spending on local government and domestic programs will help do anything but devalue peoples savings and purchasing power ultimately making us poorer. International confidence, which is the only thing keeping our fiat currency's head above water. Is waning based upon the recent federal intervention in the free markets. Further regulations will push away foreign investors which are vital to the strength of the dollar. Stop the inflation And yes prozacrefuge no matter what delusional dribble your try to feed me you can't create 5 trillion dollars out of thin air and not think there is going to be inflation! And stop taxing people!
_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 9465
Location: living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
I don't see how mass spending on local government and domestic programs will help do anything but devalue peoples savings and purchasing power ultimately making us poorer.


Spending buys goods and services. People are then paid to produce those goods and services, and purchase the goods and services of others in return, leading to more production overall. This is basic textbook macroeconomics. In cases such as now, or the great depression, you can have a market where the amount of trade does not utilize most resources available, because there is no market for either labor or the products of labor.

Quote:
International confidence, which is the only thing keeping our fiat currency's head above water. Is waning based upon the recent federal intervention in the free markets. Further regulations will push away foreign investors which are vital to the strength of the dollar. Stop the inflation


No, the US dollar has been falling for years, due primarily to unfunded floating of the dollar. And investors, foreign and domestic, are rightfully worried about securities, due to the evaporation of trillions in housing wealth and the associated scandals of the past few years.

Quote:
And yes prozacrefuge no matter what delusional dribble your try to feed me you can't create 5 trillion dollars out of thin air and not think there is going to be inflation!


5 trillion? Yesterday it was 1 trillion.

There is going to be inflation in ANY fractional reserve system. There has been in the US for the last 100+ years. GDP increases, making the country as a whole richer, which is the exact point of ANY economic system. The 'inflationary depression' you keep warning about, however, shows no signs of being.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
voiceofTruth
Rinsester


Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Posts: 617
Location: The Light

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Mises on inflation
Quote:
This first stage of the inflationary process may last for many years. While it lasts, the prices of many goods and services are not yet adjusted to the altered money relation. There are still people in the [p. 428] country who have not yet become aware of the fact that they are confronted with a price revolution which will finally result in a considerable rise of all prices, although the extent of this rise will not be the same in the various commodities and services. These people still believe that prices one day will drop. Waiting for this day, they restrict their purchases and concomitantly increase their cash holdings. As long as such ideas are still held by public opinion, it is not yet too late for the government to abandon its inflationary policy.


Meaning we have yet to realize the scope of the devaluing of the dollar by the bailouts. What will follow in the next 5- 6 years if we keep on this pace is hyper inflation. Money will not hold its value day to day.
_________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group