Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The upcoming housing bailout
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd disagree this is the bottom - the price gains due to speculation have yet to come down fully.
aguchi
Breakster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rismedia.com/wp/2007-09-04/darkest-before-the-dawn-experts-call-for-another-year-of-down-market/

Quote:
“I think there’s plenty of blame to spread around, to the investor side of the business that bought the paper, the Wall Street firms that were securitizing the paper, the lending industry that was originating the paper. It’s clearly a situation where many participants were involved in extending credit on terms that were too generous.

“When the economy is strong and values are rising, there are pressures to increase home ownership from a lot of different stakeholders. Appreciation in the market certainly covers up a lot of excesses and practices in loan underwriting and origination. Clearly also in the market were instances where individuals or employees of lenders or various purchasing instruments ignored the rules that were there.”

The long-term good news, Panepinto believes, is that the “higher quality of [loans] being written and the tightening of standards should bode well for the market in general.” Eventually, he adds, “concerns about further deterioration in the quality of loans made, reflected in rising delinquencies and foreclosures, should ease off.”

How long will this take? Bradshaw estimates the real estate and mortgage industry is in for another 12 to 18 months of hard times. Then, he said, “There will be some stabilization and a healthier housing and lending market. The market will move forward on what’s better for the consumers.”

Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceOfBeck wrote:
Now I ll explain why a current boom is about to happen in the fourth quarter.

AMAZING PREDICTIVE POWER!
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home sales volume is up now, fyi. Sales prices have dropped. Im talking about NYC. The correction is probably at the bottom my companies exclusive portfolio which consists of 50 buildings in NYC have lost about 20-25% of its rent roll. Apartments are still renting and deals are starting to happen again, as far as building acquistions. New development is a completely different situation ,we are starting to market full projects know as "vulture deals" from sponsors defaulting on there construction loans. Alot of money to be made.

Very Happy
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices down? Sounds like a boom to me!
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah so instead of the 500,000 dollar profit you were going to make its now 400,000. The correction is what is going to get us back on track. Like i said and was right about activity has increased and positive existing home sales have helped the market.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a decrease from 07 prices (about 16% in CA) is certainly a boom. AMAZING PREDICTIVE POWER! FREE MARKET!
MustafaQBrainmender
The Mongolian Acid Casualty

Location: the land of digital swine and silicon tart sweethearts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look!

New homes are springing up all over California!

Open, unused land, all of a sudden inundated with new homes for families!

Why, we haven't seen a boom like this in nearly 80 years!!

^^^ My greatest achievement to date. It's all downhill from here.
Dinosaurs are awesome
So are talking stuffed animals and feral cats

katykaboom wrote:
i would seriously kill him and then have his body taxidermied and then display him in my living room as a paradigm of "don't"
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats horrible. I am talking about the NYC market, but thats cool. I wish you the best hope your very sucessful at whatever you do. Just trying to figure out if you want the economy to improve or not? But honestly I have work to do and money to make. Have a nice day!
Thomas Jefferson
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEHOLD THE AMAZING PREDICTIVE POWER OF THE GREAT SPIRIT OF THE FREE MARKET HAS RENEWED ALL HOUSING PRICES!

Just going to continue showing how people like VoT are amazingly, consistently wrong by adhering to ideology rather than reality.

VoiceOfTruth, who do you work for? I want to keep you on retainer to give me financial advice so I do the opposite. Currently I'm using Time magazine for this (which has done really well for me, no joke), but you seem to be even more fogged in by the clouds of popularly believed untruths. I'm considering buying BP right now, what do you think?
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit, VoT, why didn't you answer me? BP is up 50% right now!
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One very good question I haven't really seen is how much of the disinflation we're seeing now is due to housing, and how much is unemployment. The answer to that is going to have very large consequences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: