Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITT: Breakfast Science
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silent
but deadly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and still the one im used to hearing hasn't surfaced, cant remember for the life of me.
but deadly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

called up Jana Rosenbrock, southernest woman i know, it's called a bird's nest.
Highlands Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.E.D. wrote:
"I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one pyschic anchor every 24 hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas or at home - and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed - breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: four Bloody Marys, sausage, bacon, or corned beed hash with diced chilies, a Spanish omellette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of key lime pie, two margaritas and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert... Right and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next 24 hours, and at least one source of good music... All of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of a hot sun, and preferably stone naked."

as great as this thread has been to read, it should have been locked the fuck down with this shit right here. massive.

along those lines, and bringing back the bacon theme for just a sec...:

a personal favourite ritual is the beginning of football season. (fellow conspirator djjagdish and myself started this in the mid 90s) ...waking up just in time to catch TJ & Boomer for the beginning of what will be 2 hours of pregame and to notice that its about 72 degrees and sunny outside.

all manner of windows and sliding glass doors are opened.

a proper satchel of some sort of ganja is retrieved and prepped for smoking by manually breaking up a few buds all over a breezy marble table. joints are rolled, and then lit for what will become the most lazy of end-of-summer-lazy days as alien adepts and bio-mechanical, computer-controlled automotons with outdated os's preview the days events and inject your skull with a dizzying array of life-giving nfl data.

it is only after one is properly medicated that preparations are made for a slightly smaller scale version of HST's layout: orange juice, fresh blueberries from maine for the flaps, eggs and cheese for the scramble, and NO LESS THAN A FULL LB OF CENTER CUT BACON, and since price is not an option, i highly recommend Niman Ranch. This is important. if you opt for less than a pound - to be shared by a maximum of 3 humans (and 1 Rottweiler for crumbs) - you have begun your day by doing a great disservice to you and yours. please, i beg of you. 1LB or STFU. and the bacon must be properly prepared. not too soft, not too crisp. center cut must be simmered over low and turned no less than 8 times. trust.

((At this point i would like to interject that a french press does in no way make stronger coffee than any other method. I've had numerous presses, as well as mokas, and a 10 year stint with a certain $200 drip machine, and that's hogwash.)) Working as a true team, one cat mans the batter, to bring it to its peak consistency in order to best receive the blueberries after cooking on one side, while the other sets out to man perhaps the most crucial segment to the breakfast: coffee.

Ground fresh from only the finest organic beans available, the scent begins a playful Battle of Aromas as it wages an olfactory war with the dank skunk that is already wafting throughout the compound. *Note, coffee is an entire thread unto itself, so suffice it to say that we take care to optimize flavor by painstakingly controlling the amount of grinds. It takes years of practice to master the art of achieving the perfect brew. Coffee is so important, that CSL is dedicated to having its own plantation in the future.

After the brewing process has begun, and the bacon has been simmering a while, and the 'cakes are being poured into the fry pan, one gets a unique feeling of anticipation...it will all soon be coming together....Tom Jackson is dropping knowledge into your earhole like Noam Chomsky, the sun is shining (weather is sweet), the air is warm, and this colassal breakfast is about to be served up during the proper plating window of 12:45-12:59pm.

it is now done, and you may sit, high as 10 mountain goats, and begin to ravage the ensemble before you as the 1.00 game starts and with kickoff, lifts you, in no uncertain terms, into a state of nirvana.

life is sweet.
Light In The Sky Mix
rekall
bleep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a post in the true spirit of the interweb. hyperlinks and all.

Call trans opt: received. 2-19-98 13:24:18 REC:Log>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kimba
Bitchin' Kimaro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mr fancy coffee shop coffee pourer!

http://thefuntimesguide.com/audio/Bud_Light_Real_Men_of_Genius_Mr_Fancy_Coffee_Shop_Coffee_Pourer.mp3

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rekall
bleep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

five dollar cup of coffee... it's putting that tip jar out that takes real guts.

laughing
Silent
but deadly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimba wrote:
hey mr fancy coffee shop coffee pourer!

http://thefuntimesguide.com/audio/Bud_Light_Real_Men_of_Genius_Mr_Fancy_Coffee_Shop_Coffee_Pourer.mp3

Quote:
Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at thefuntimesguide.com

bleep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this and then click on the link within the first paragraph.

http://thefuntimesguide.com/2005/03/fancycoffeeshop.php
djjagdish
$100 billa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel Bobby Peru wrote:

as great as this thread has been to read, it should have been locked the fuck down with this shit right here. massive.

along those lines, and bringing back the bacon theme for just a sec...:

a personal favourite ritual is the beginning of football season. (fellow conspirator djjagdish and myself started this in the mid 90s) ...waking up just in time to catch TJ & Boomer for the beginning of what will be 2 hours of pregame and to notice that its about 72 degrees and sunny outside.

all manner of windows and sliding glass doors are opened.

a proper satchel of some sort of ganja is retrieved and prepped for smoking by manually breaking up a few buds all over a breezy marble table. joints are rolled, and then lit for what will become the most lazy of end-of-summer-lazy days as alien adepts and bio-mechanical, computer-controlled automotons with outdated os's preview the days events and inject your skull with a dizzying array of life-giving nfl data.

it is only after one is properly medicated that preparations are made for a slightly smaller scale version of HST's layout: orange juice, fresh blueberries from maine for the flaps, eggs and cheese for the scramble, and NO LESS THAN A FULL LB OF CENTER CUT BACON, and since price is not an option, i highly recommend Niman Ranch. This is important. if you opt for less than a pound - to be shared by a maximum of 3 humans (and 1 Rottweiler for crumbs) - you have begun your day by doing a great disservice to you and yours. please, i beg of you. 1LB or STFU. and the bacon must be properly prepared. not too soft, not too crisp. center cut must be simmered over low and turned no less than 8 times. trust.

((At this point i would like to interject that a french press does in no way make stronger coffee than any other method. I've had numerous presses, as well as mokas, and a 10 year stint with a certain $200 drip machine, and that's hogwash.)) Working as a true team, one cat mans the batter, to bring it to its peak consistency in order to best receive the blueberries after cooking on one side, while the other sets out to man perhaps the most crucial segment to the breakfast: coffee.

Ground fresh from only the finest organic beans available, the scent begins a playful Battle of Aromas as it wages an olfactory war with the dank skunk that is already wafting throughout the compound. *Note, coffee is an entire thread unto itself, so suffice it to say that we take care to optimize flavor by painstakingly controlling the amount of grinds. It takes years of practice to master the art of achieving the perfect brew. Coffee is so important, that CSL is dedicated to having its own plantation in the future.

After the brewing process has begun, and the bacon has been simmering a while, and the 'cakes are being poured into the fry pan, one gets a unique feeling of anticipation...it will all soon be coming together....Tom Jackson is dropping knowledge into your earhole like Noam Chomsky, the sun is shining (weather is sweet), the air is warm, and this colassal breakfast is about to be served up during the proper plating window of 12:45-12:59pm.

it is now done, and you may sit, high as 10 mountain goats, and begin to ravage the ensemble before you as the 1.00 game starts and with kickoff, lifts you, in no uncertain terms, into a state of nirvana.

life is sweet.

clap

cheers

MustafaQBrainmender
The Mongolian Acid Casualty

Location: the land of digital swine and silicon tart sweethearts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard two more names for that Gypsy Eyed Sandwich/Eggs in the basket/Egg in hole/private eye/bird's nest/hobo sandwich...

Bullseyes - Pittsburgh
Pop-eyes - Paula Dean

^^^ My greatest achievement to date. It's all downhill from here.
Dinosaurs are awesome
So are talking stuffed animals and feral cats

katykaboom wrote:
i would seriously kill him and then have his body taxidermied and then display him in my living room as a paradigm of "don't"
kimba
Bitchin' Kimaro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakfast Science lives.

check your browser location bars peoples.

rekall
bleep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimba wrote:
Breakfast Science lives.

check your browser location bars peoples.

r0x0r! i didn't even notice but yeah even the autonotifications say breakfastscience now Very Happy
Silent
but deadly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a joke about breakfast science besides this thread?
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever you did kimba has messed up my bookmark shortcut.
Strife
Person With At Least 2500 Posts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck tha english breakfast
give me some pancakes plz
Cool
DrivenAM@gmail.com
AIM: drivenamnyc

www.dj-strife.com
www.twitter.com/djstrife
http://soundcloud.com/djstrifenyc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Time Out All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: