Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index Breakbeat Science Phorum
Good Times

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glenn Beck "Shoot Them In The Head" Video Clip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaydee
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Glenn Beck "Shoot Them In The Head" Video Clip Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcvbw6ExTQ&feature=topvideos

Wink Razz
voiceofTruth
Rinsester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the full clip not taken out of context you fucking retard.

Link

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson
jaydee
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voiceofTruth wrote:
Here is the full clip not taken out of context you fucking retard.

Link

i was completely aware that there was more to the video,thats why i put the Wink ..

i was checking to see who goes to the source and investigates further than face value.

i was also testing for passive-aggresive internet anger,that which can foreshadow irrational acts of mass violence/murder on members of the innocent public. perhaps you should seek professional help.
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The context changes nothing - he's still implying that there's an illegitimate force occupying government currently, and that as such actual revolutionary violence is justified. That what "shoot them in the head" means. And his false equivalency is simply false. Show me anywhere where Pelosi has called for the murder of her opponents, literally or implied. She simply hasn't - yet Beck IS doing so right here.

And the simple fact is there IS NOT a regime holding you down. You have recourse if you don't like the current government. It's called voting. You do NOT have the right to overthrow democratically elected governments because you simply don't agree with them.

The purpose of this rhetoric is the same as bringing guns to town halls. It's an implied threat - that either you agree with us or we cause another Oklahoma City. And it simply has no place in a democratic society.
Lycanthrope
Rewindster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:

And the simple fact is there IS NOT a regime holding you down. You have recourse if you don't like the current government. It's called voting. You do NOT have the right to overthrow democratically elected governments because you simply don't agree with them.

That sounds like some real facist thinking. The way I understood it is that if you don't vote, you have no say in your government. Am I correct in assuming that?

LISTEN & DOWNLOAD==> http://soundcloud.com/djlycanthrope/djlycanthrope_subz-n-dubs

BOOM SIDE

INDEPENDENT AS FCUK

I AM THE NEW NEW YORK

CONTACT & BOOKINGS: DJTHICKRAY@YAHOO.COM

HTTP://WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/DJLYCANTHROPE

HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJLYCANTHROPE
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycanthrope wrote:
prozacrefugee wrote:

That sounds like some real facist thinking. The way I understood it is that if you don't vote, you have no say in your government. Am I correct in assuming that?

Wait, so you're saying instead the right of the minority to enforce, by violence, their views on the rest isn't fascism?

You do have a say - by not voting you're pretty much voting for the status quo.
Lycanthrope
Rewindster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozacrefugee wrote:
Lycanthrope wrote:
prozacrefugee wrote:

Wait, so you're saying instead the right of the minority to enforce, by violence, their views on the rest isn't fascism?

You do have a say - by not voting you're pretty much voting for the status quo.

First I was not advocating either side(s) of the argument so do not put words in my mouth, as matter of fact my question had nothing to do with the topic and was directed at your ideaology. (Notice i only qouted a section of your post)

Second historically this country is founded (though not solely e.g. democracy) on "Revolutionary Violence". Now I am not condoning this, it is simply a fact. Correct?
From USA's Emancipation, to fighting the "Red Coats" to "civil war" etc etc. Do you not belive this statment to be true?

Third When a hitler comes into office through your democracy, you will sit back and be alright with that? Yes or no?

I do not vote. The dumbed down way of explaining my reasoning is this, "Am I/Are you going to vote for ELEPHANT shit or DONKEY shit? Either way your voting for shit." I will not be a tool in this process, I for one will rather SELECT then SETTLE.
This select not settle is a MENTALITY that I "try" to adhere to all aspects of my life. And that to me is truely "the american way".

I say this all in peace and love to you, not to belittle or attack you as per my intentions.

MURDER TO BABYLON

RAY

LISTEN & DOWNLOAD==> http://soundcloud.com/djlycanthrope/djlycanthrope_subz-n-dubs

BOOM SIDE

INDEPENDENT AS FCUK

I AM THE NEW NEW YORK

CONTACT & BOOKINGS: DJTHICKRAY@YAHOO.COM

HTTP://WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/DJLYCANTHROPE

HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJLYCANTHROPE
prozacrefugee
Riot Nrrd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycanthrope wrote:

Second historically this country is founded (though not solely e.g. democracy) on "Revolutionary Violence". Now I am not condoning this, it is simply a fact. Correct?
From USA's Emancipation, to fighting the "Red Coats" to "civil war" etc etc. Do you not belive this statment to be true?

Actually no. Both the civil war and later Emancipation of slaves were done through democratic elections. What the losing side in that battle (the south) tried to do is exactly what you're describing, enforce their will through violence rather than the ballot box.

Quote:

Third When a hitler comes into office through your democracy, you will sit back and be alright with that? Yes or no?

How about when a Hitler comes into office by saying he has to enact violence to protect against the majority (which is pretty close to what the original did)?

It's a bullshit argument in practical terms. You DO have individual rights and means to address injustice.

Quote:

I do not vote.

Congrats, you've given up your primary means of effecting your political will.

Quote:
The dumbed down way of explaining my reasoning is this, "Am I/Are you going to vote for ELEPHANT shit or DONKEY shit? Either way your voting for shit." I will not be a tool in this process, I for one will rather SELECT then SETTLE.

So vote for a third party. Hell, FORM a third party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakbeat Science Phorum Forum Index -> Political Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: